July 15, 2009

My Secret Weapons

It is no secret that I have a pretty demanding schedule. My typical day starts at 3:30 am and if I am lucky then I am in bed by 10:00 pm. The hours in between there are filled to the brim with activities and I have to admit that I am tired a lot. I want to sleep more but I just don't know how to fit everything in and get more sleep. In my ongoing quest to rule the world...err... maintain my normal schedule, I have discovered a couple of allies that really help. The first one would have to be my beloved Starbucks coffee.



I know that there are a lot of Starbucks haters out there but I am a loyal lover of this perfect brew. The second weapon in my arsenal is my new found love of Greens Plus.




While I continue to think it tastes nasty, I have been drinking it faithfully for over a month now and I have noticed a difference in my energy levels. My appetite has also decreased a bit and I think it is because my body is getting all of the nutrients it needs from the greens. Either that or I just get grossed out from the greens and don't feel like eating. Just kidding, they really don't taste that bad. I am being a bit melodramatic! The final secret weapon is my daily stash of vitamins.


I am super anal about making sure I take all of my vitamins each day. My little container holds calcium, magnesium, vitamin D, glucosamine chondrotin, omega 3-6-9 and a multi vitamin with extra iron. This combination has done wonders for me and it is helping me to stay on top of everything and continue to train to the best of my ability. Also, I am convinced that this regimen has kept me from getting sick or suffering from a lot of injuries. Well, it was either that or when I sold my soul to the witch doctor...kidding, kidding!
Alright, on to normal blog stuff. Dinner last night was delicious. I made a homemade pizza using Jenna's recipe for pizza dough. (eatliverun.com)


It turned out great but I was sort of expecting it to be. I mean, Jenna is a freakin chef so I figure that she knows a good pizza dough when she sees one! We also had some steamed veggies and watermelon with our pizza and it was delicious.




I spent the evening watching my beloved Team Astana and did normal evening stuff like packing lunches and laundry and well, all sorts of boring crap.

I did get to snuggle on the couch with my sweet H so all in all it was a perfect evening!
My workout this morning was super easy but just what my body needed. I did an easy 5 miles on the treadmill while watching the Tyra Show. Let me tell you, Tyra can make the miles fly by. She really is crazy! After my run, I did a hardcore oblique workout and then I went to yoga. Yoga was a lot of fun this morning because we took it very easy. I needed a class like that and I am so glad I went. I am really looking forward to my bike ride tonight to cap off a great day of workouts.

I have been thinking about doing a giveaway of some of the awesome products I have received recently but I am not sure that I have enough readers to actually have any sort of contest. If you are out there lurking and would be interested in some cool free crap, leave me a comment and let me know. And on that note, I am gone! Have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. I love Starbucks and will drive WAY out of my way to get it. Hate on haters!
    I love giveaways. Free stuff is always good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How you wake up that early, I will never understand. If my alarm clock is anywhere in the 5 o'clock hour it is a big thing. I need sleep, otherwise everything in my life suffers. I am kind of jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust me, I am super jealous of people who can sleep later than me. I absolutely love to sleep and I know that I don't get nearly enough of it. I just can't figure out any other way to fit everything into the day. How do people do it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started adding wheatgrass powder to my morning smoothie and find I only need one cup of coffee to function-gasp! Though I do love the taste of coffee and find it very ritualistic. Sitting at the table with coffee, the paper, and my boyfriend, nothing better :)

    And now seeing your pizza, that may just have to be dinner tonight! Looks SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely with you on the ritual of coffee. I just love everything about it. I even love decaf! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read and I love contests- but I'm in the UK so I'm not sure I'd be eligible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for reading Nicola. If I am ever in the UK then I will make sure to have a contest just for you! : )

    ReplyDelete