July 2, 2009

Short and Sweet

This post is going to be short, sweet and to the point. I am running on a little less than three hours of sleep and I am almost positive that anything I write will not make much sense. However, I am going to be MIA for the next few days and wanted to get one last post in before the big holiday weekend. I am super excited to have a three day weekend. Hopefully, I can find some time to sneak in a nap or two. That sounds just dreamy!

My workout this morning was tough! I am not even going to pretend that I felt strong during my tempo run. Honestly, I wanted to climb off of the treadmill and curl up in a ball on the floor and go to sleep. I was determined to at least try to complete this run though and I am happy to say that I finished almost all of it. I cut out the last six minutes of a 70 minute tempo run so I finished with 9 miles in 64 minutes. This was definitely not my best run ever but I will take it! After my run I did a quick weight workout. I focused on biceps, chest and legs and I can already feel the DOMS setting in...actually, I am not sure that is possible but I am anticipating soreness! Does that count? After a few minutes stretching and rolling around on the floor with a big piece of foam, I called it a day and hit the showers. Oh yeah, and for the record, I was able to get in a quick bike ride last night before dinner. I did a quick 15 miles around my neighborhood and had a pretty good time. I decided to call it a night when some loser in a pickup truck drove by and threw his soda bottle full of dip spit at me. I mean really, was that necessary!? Some people!

Dinner last night was a super simple, throw together type of dish. I decided to try and recreate a healthier version of Hamburger Helper for my junk food loving husband and what we ended up with was tasty but not quite right.


This is something I am going to have to keep working on so for now there is no recipe to post. On the side we had a great veggie mixture that I found at Trader Joe's called Harvest Hodgepodge.
This is such a yummy mixture of an unusual combination of veggies and it wasn't very expensive either. Score!

Alright folks, I said it would be short and I would hate to be a liar so I am signing out. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend! Be back to chat soon!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you get some rest!! Those runs where you feel like you are almost asleep for are almost humorous. Later in the day, I think back and can barely remember even doing the run...it is just some foggy blur. It is amazing we don't hurt ourselves when we do that!

    Happiness Awaits

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although, maybe being half asleep helps us to make it through the run because we aren't consciously thinking about what we are doing! : )

    ReplyDelete