July 30, 2009

Tempos, Tuna and Trading Teams on Thursday

Hi guys! Aren't you so happy that it is Thursday? I know that I am super excited. I am also very excited to have my tempo run finished for the week. Whew! That sucker was tough. I did a 70 minute tempo run and managed to survive through all 10.50 miles. It was tough but good and I am super proud of myself for not quitting when it got tough. I am also super proud of myself for not quitting when my Ipod died on me. I absolutely hate when that happens because it is always in the middle of a song that I really want to hear. I stuck it out this morning though and for that I am giving myself a pat on the back. After my run, I did a quick weight workout. I didn't have a lot of time so I quickly ran through a full body circuit and then I collapsed on the floor to pretend like I was stretching. I did manage to get most of my physical therapy exercises out of the way while chatting (and gossipping) with Mel. All things considered, it was a great little workout and a wonderful way to start the day.

Last night was another great relaxing night with my precious H. I was planning on going for a bike ride but it started to rain while I was on my way home. Instead of pulling my bike out, I did a nice ab workout with H. I have to brag on my husband for a minute and tell you that he has an amazing set of abs. I mean check those babies out!




He is an awesome trainer and it is always so much fun to work out with him. I am just a very lucky woman!!


Anyway, after we did our workout, we did our normal evening stuff and then started on a delicious dinner. We were supposed to have macaroni and cheese for dinner but we decided to give it a little bit of class. We made a delicious tuna mac casserole instead which now that I think about it sort of screams white trash. Oh well, at least it tasted good. All we did is make the mac and cheese according to the package instructions, added a couple of cans of tuna and some spices and then put the mixture in a baking dish. Then we sliced a couple of fresh from the garden tomatoes and placed those on top along with some italian bread crumbs and a little bit of white cheddar cheese. We baked the tuna mac casserole for about 15 minutes in a 400 degree oven and then gobbled it up with some steamed broccoli on the side.



This was a perfect week night meal and one I am sure we will recreate again soon.

In other news, I am sure that some of you who are cycling fans have already heard the news about Lance and his new team. For those of you who don't know, Lance will be the leader of a new team in 2010 that is being sponsored by Radio Shack. The team will be led by Johann Breneel who is currently the manager of team Astana. Needless to say, I will be a devoted supporter of team Astana until the end of the 2009 season but after that I am all about team Radio Shack. (I have to admit that the name doesn't sound very cool but we can't all have cool names like Garmin-Slipstream. Ha ha! That one is for you Fitzalan!) Anyway, I am super excited about next year and all of the excitement we are sure to see on the bike!

One last thing and then I have to get to work. Does anyone have a great recipe for a strawberry cake? Mel has requested one for her birthday and I am looking for the most awesome recipe ever. She is the best sister a girl could ever ask for and she deserves the world's best cake. Let me know if you can help me out. Thanks guys! Alright, I am off to work but I hope you all have a wonderful day! Later!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome tempo run- dang, you are fast!
    Haha, I always appreciate a nice set of washboards on a man too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kat! I am sure H is loving all of the attention his abs are getting! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing. I love you.

    ReplyDelete