July 6, 2009

Weekend Recap


I had a busy and interesting weekend with quite a bit of fun thrown in. There is no way that I will be able to recap everything but I have some good pictures to share and I am sure I can come up with something clever to say...well, maybe.
Friday we went to Virginia Beach for the day with Mel and Billy. We had such a wonderful time relaxing on the beach and enjoying the sun. We managed to get in a decent open water swim which was awesome. I absolutely LOVE swimming in the ocean, it beats the stupid pool any day. The best swim I have ever had was in the ocean at Ironman. It was so beautiful and awesome to be able to swim so far out into the ocean. I cannot wait to do that swim again.






Anyway, we had a wonderful time laying in the sun and going for walks on the beach and just relaxing. We hit up Heritage Cafe for dinner before the long car ride home. I had a chicken sandwich with avocado, tomato and spicy mustard. Oh man, it was so delicious. I am almost tempted to drive back to the beach just for another sandwich!

Saturday I woke up pretty early and went for a bike ride. I managed to finish 35 miles before the traffic picked up and I decided to head home. As soon as I got back to the house, I changed into my running shoes and went out for a quick run. I was not feeling very well because I was completely dehydrated and hadn't fueled very well on the bike. I know better than to rely on one bottle of water for 35 miles on a hot summer day but I was hoping to tough it out through the run. I managed to finish a fast three miles and then called it a day. After a quick shower and a protein shake, H and I went to the Chesterfield Fairgrounds to help his parents for the night. My in-laws run a concession business now that they are retired and travel to various fairs and events to sell fair food. (i.e. really nasty stuff that people shouldn't be eating!) Anyway, H and I were in charge of making hundreds and hundreds of bags of cotton candy.








We literally made cotton candy for almost eight hours. It was fun for the first couple of hours and then we were both just covered in sugar and sick of looking at that horrible fluffy crap! Honestly though, we did have a good time hanging out with our family and friends and we were able to keep each other entertained and smiling. H is awesome to hang out with which is one of the reasons I fell in love with him. He has a way of making mundane things seem like a fun adventure and I just love that!



We were able to sneak a glance at the fireworks and after cleaning up all of the sugary mess, we went home to shower and eat some veggies. We made it home and were both craving fruits and veggies so we ate huge bowls of watermelon and brussel sprouts at 11:30 on the 4Th of July. Definitely not your traditional way to celebrate but it was fun!


Sunday was a dreary and cold day in Richmond. I woke up to rain and I am not sure it ever stopped raining the entire day. I went for a run with Mel and Billy and we had a pretty decent run. We were all soaking wet and cold but they were troopers and hung in there with me. I was not feeling very well at all and decided to cut my run short after eight miles. I was still dealing with some dehydration issues and decided to not push through the pain. I made it home and did the Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones workout. I thought the workout was just okay. There were a few good ab moves and a lot of squats but I didn't feel like it was very challenging. The rest of my day was spent hanging out at the Ellwood Thompson's Coffee Shop, watching the Tour De France, grocery shopping and napping. I also managed to make a huge batch of Super Charge Me Cookies.


I think this was my favorite combination yet and I will be shocked if we still have cookies left by Wednesday. I used raisins, dark chocolate chips, chia seeds, peanut butter and extra coconut. They are super delicious. If you haven't made these cookies yet then you are totally missing out. Google the recipe and get on it! Chia seeds made such a good addition to the cookies. I love the little crunch that they give to the cookies. I am really starting to love chia seeds but I have to admit that I check my scalp quite often to make sure I am not sprouting any little green sprouts. That would just be tragic!

On that note, I am now headed back to work and another week of grown up stuff. The holiday weekend was great though and I am already counting down to the next one. Have a great day guys!

2 comments:

  1. Cotton candy yep,once a year.Had fun w/ you baby doll luv u

    ReplyDelete