July 13, 2009

What A Weekend!

I will be the first to admit that weekends always seem to fly by but this one went by exceptionally fast. H and I were really busy running around and having fun. Here is the official recap:


Saturday
H and I woke up early and went for a great bike ride. We did just over 35 miles and then rushed home to throw on our running shoes and go for a run. We did a fast 4.50 miles in about 30 minutes and it felt great. I wanted to run more but I knew that I had a long run on Sunday and my legs needed a bit of rest. On my way back from the run, I stopped to pick a few wild blackberries that are growing along the edges of our property. They are not quite ripe yet but I managed to pick a couple good handfuls. While I was picking blackberries a car pulled up and I heard a voice I definitely recognized. My Mom and Step dad made it safely into town from Florida and had arrived a couple of hours early. I was very surprised to see them so early but it is always nice to visit with family. I rushed home to shower and change and then we all went out to grab some lunch and walk around Carytown. We had a great lunch at Ellwood Thompson's and walked for about an hour through various shops. After our walk, we were all starting to get the afternoon drowsys and so we went to Cafe Caturra to have a cup of coffee. We spent most of the afternoon sitting around and chatting. It was nice to spend some time with them because I haven't seen them since November. My Step dad is a huge cycling fan and a great cyclist so we definitely spent a lot of time watching the tour and chatting about bikes and teams and racing. After coffee, H and I went home to make some dinner and spend a little time together. Our dinner was not very exciting and so we have no pictures. I had a bowl of cantaloupe and some brussel sprouts and called it a night. I knew that I had an early wake up call so I went to bed at an embarrassingly early time.

Sunday
My alarm went off at 4:45 and I jumped out of bed ready to run. After a quick breakfast of a Luna bar, banana and coffee, I grabbed my water bottle and GPA and set out for my run. I met Mel and Billy at Robious Landing Park and we did a great 12.50 mile loop that included a few MEAN hills. Once we finished the loop, I refilled my water bottle and set out to finish the rest of my run. I did another 4.75 miles for a total of 17.25 and felt great. It was such a beautiful morning and a perfect day for running. After my run I did about 15 minutes of stretching on the dock by the river and then went home to shower and change. After a quick clean up, I grabbed a bowl of watermelon and an english muffin with almond butter to refuel. Food always tastes so great after a run. As soon as I finished eating, H and I put on our bathing suits and met the Matheny's at Flatwater for some open water swimming.



We had a great time swimming around and getting some sun. I managed to get about 1200 meters of swimming in and then decided that I was done. I was ready to relax! After grabbing a quick cup of coffee with the Matheny's, I rushed home to shower and change again so that I could meet my Mom and Edge for the after noon. We had a great time hanging out with them but really didn't do anything exciting. We drove around a lot, ate some lunch at Whole Foods, napped and relaxed a bit and spent a lot of time chatting. It was a fun evening. After the parents left, I did all of my typical Sunday evening stuff to get ready for another busy week at work. It looks like this week is going to be a doozy!

In Tour De France news, my amazing Lance is in third place right now but my Team Astana is holding down 2nd, 3rd and 4th place right now. Oh yeah! Today is a rest day but they will be back in the saddle on Tuesday. The next three stages are relatively flat compared to the mountains they have been climbing in the Pyrenees and then it is on to the Alps. This is about to get really exciting!

My beloved H made himself a great breakfast this weekend and declared it blogworthy, he even took a picture and everything.

Here we have two fried eggs with two pieces of Ezekiel toast. The toast is covered in almond butter, agave, cinnamon and jelly. He absolutely ate every single bite and loved it!
Alright, this is getting a little bit long but I will be back later with a couple of product reviews. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment