August 12, 2009

4 x B = Delicious

Okay, okay! I know that the title is silly and sort of ridiculous but honestly I am just not feeling very creative when it comes to titles right now. I had a great evening last night and was able to finally spend some time at home. I feel like I have been running around way too much the past couple of weeks and deep down I am a homebody. I love to be at home relaxing, reading and enjoying life with my H.

I attempted a new version of my black bean burgers last night and they turned out really good. (Even if I do say so myself!) This is what I did:

In a large bowl I combined a can of black beans and a can of beets.


I heated these in the microwave for about 2 minutes and then mashed them up really well with a fork. This would be much easier with a potato masher or even in a food processor but there was something sort of therapuetic about mashing my little heart out with a fork.


Once the beets and beans were all mashed up, I added all sorts of spices, ketchup, mustard, oats and bread crumbs. I didn't measure anything at all and just had fun adding things all willy nilly.


Once the beet and bean mixture was all mixed up, I formed it into six patties and baked them on a lightly greased baking pan at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.
We had our Black Bean Beet Burgers (get it? 4 x B? Ha ha! Can you believe I have hit a new all time dorky high score?) with steamed okra and crinkle cut fries from Alexia Natural Foods. We had a coupon for the fries and H just loves them. I am not a huge french fry person but I have to admit that these were pretty good and super easy to make.

All in all, it was a wonderful dinner and one that I will definitely make again very soon. I mean, who doesn't love burgers and fries?
I had a rough night last night and didn't get a whole lot of sleep, so I was dragging at the gym this morning. I did a super slow and easy 5 mile run and then went to yoga class. Yoga was awesome this morning and definitely helped my legs loosen up a bit from all of the speed work yesterday. I am planning on riding my bike after work today and working on my core a bit. Let's all cross our fingers that I can stay awake long enough to get that done.
Alright people, I have got to get to work. They don't pay me to sit around and look pretty! (Although wouldn't that be awesome? Maybe one day!) Have a wonderful day guys and don't forget to smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment