August 21, 2009

Can I Get A Woo Hoo!?

Guess what guys? It is Friday!! I am super excited to get the work week over with! It has been a long and stressful week. I am really looking forward to some relaxation. I have a couple of really hard workouts this weekend that I am excited about. I love to challenge myself on the weekends because there is plenty of time in the afternoon to take a nap.


I started the morning with a workout as usual. I did a 30 minute core workout and a bunch of jumping jacks to get my blood flowing. Then, at 5:00, Mel came over and we did all of the Jillian Shred videos. It was really fun to do them one right after the other and we both got a pretty great workout. After a quick shower and change, we rushed off to meet Amy at Coffee Club. We had a wonderful time as usual. Mel brought us a great breakfast of fresh pineapple and a Chia Razz bar.


Of course we also had tons of coffee, some gossip and a lot of laughs. Those girls are just way too much fun!






I am so blessed to have such wonderful sisters. Now all I have to do is get my brother to move back to Richmond and join us on Friday mornings...then everything would be perfect!

Last night for dinner, H and I made tofu scramble with peas, peppers, mushrooms, tofu and tons of spices. On the side, we had homemade vegan biscuits that were just okay. I have been searching for a great healthy biscuit recipe for years now and I am just never happy with them. The biscuits were good but nothing great, so I guess the search continues. Does anyone have a recipe they want to share with me?


I broke into my Perfect Foods bar stash yesterday. I was so excited to try these bars out because they look amazing! The hard part was trying to figure out which flavor to try first.

I decided to go with the Cranberry Crunch bar which is a Perfect Foods Lite bar. This bar has 40% fewer calories than the other Perfect Foods bars. It is gluten free, has no refined sugar and tastes absolutely amazing.


To say that I liked this bar would be a gross understatement. Honestly, this bar tasted like peanut butter cookie dough with little rice crisps mixed in. There were a few cranberries in the bar but honestly, the bar didn't have much of a cranberry flavor. I was actually pretty happy about the lack of cranberry flavor because I am not a huge cranberry fan. There was just enough cranberry flavor in my opinion.


I was given three of the Cranberry Crunch bars so I had Mel and H each test one also. They both LOVED this bar. The only complaint they had was that the bar is a little bit crumbly. I have found that a lot of gluten free products are crumbly though so I wasn't very surprised by that. Honestly, this bar was great and I am already looking forward to trying the other three flavors. If you are interested in trying out one of these bars, you can find them at perfectfoodsbar.com.

Alright folks, I am off to work and ready to get this day behind me. Woo hoo! Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! All the dvd's at once?! It must've been fun to give your workout a little shake up.
    The bars sound like something I'd enjoy. I'll keep my eyes out for them.
    I hope you get to have your nap this weekend. Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa: Not all of the dvd's, just all of the shred workouts. I don't have the time to do hours and hours of Jillian videos. Although it does sound like fun! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried the Cranberry bars, but I have tried the fruit & nut, peanut butter & cacao bars and they all taste VERY similar - that peanut butter cookie dough, with slight variation from flavor to flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess you can never really go wrong with peanut butter cookie dough! : )

    ReplyDelete