August 20, 2009

Climbing Mountains

Well, okay...it was really just a big hill near my gym but it sure felt like a mountain! I met the fabulous Matheny's this morning for a great hill workout and we had a blast.



We started our workout with an easy 20 minute warm up jog and then found our way to the bottom of a 400 meter killer hill. We did ten repeats up and down the hill as fast as our legs could carry us. We were all running our little hearts out and giving the hill everything we had. After the ten repeats, we did a 20 minute cool down jog and found our way back to the gym. It was a great morning run and it was awesome to have Mel and Billy there to help push me when my legs got tired. After the run, we did some stretching and physical therapy exercises which felt so good. It was a great way to start my Thursday.


I don't really have a whole lot to tell you about last night because honestly, it was just a weird night and I don't feel like talking about it. I did manage to fit a bike ride into my evening in between a couple of crazy thunderstorms. I did a quick loop through my neighborhood and made it home just as the clouds rolled in. I also did a good core workout and stretched my legs out for quite awhile.

I did get a great package in the mail last night which totally made me smile. The awesome people over at Perfect Foods sent me a great package of their protein bars.

I am so excited about trying these bars because they look awesome. I will let you guys know what I think as soon as I get a chance to sample one. I am also planning on sharing a few of the bars with my loyal taste testing panel (aka Mel and H) so I will let you know what they think as well.

Honestly, that is about all I have to tell you about last night. I didn't have dinner so I can't even talk about that. I literally just grabbed a couple handfuls of cereal, packed my lunch for Thursday and fell into bed. It has been a long week and I needed some down time.

Is it Friday yet?

6 comments:

  1. Awww...I'm sending you a huge internet hug. We all have those bad days. Just remember that tomorrow is another day and every situation is just temporary.
    Those bars look interesting. I can't wait to hear more about them!

    melissanibbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on your hill workout! And ugh, totally agree- this week NEEDS to end asap..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa: Thanks for the hug. I needed that! : )

    KAT: Right there with you girl! I'll hang in there if you will!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Perfect Foods bars are UH-mazing. Seriously.. I am SO jealous that you were sent an entire box of them! They're $2.50 a pop where I'm from and while sometimes I will treat myself, I can't do it often. But they are oh so delicious. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alexandra: I can't wait to try them! Which flavor is your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I just commented on your newest post first.

    They are all so amazing, but they all taste incredibly similar. I think my favorite is the fruit & nut because it has some crunch and chew to it, making it kind of exciting from bite to bite. But seriously, all of them are equally lovable. I don't discriminate!

    ReplyDelete