August 3, 2009

Life Is Short

This post is going to be relatively short because life is just a little bit too crazy right now. In addition to all of life's regular craziness, my Grandma Betty passed away this weekend. To give you a little bit of background, Grandma Betty is my Stepmom's mother and she came into my life about eight years ago. Although we were not related by blood, she was the closest thing to a grandmother that I had and was truly loved by both H and I. Honestly, I think that H and I both considered her to be our grandmother because we met her about the same time. H used to sit and talk with her for hours while she explained what was happening on her favorite TV shows. They became so close that when H was preparing to propose to me, Grandma Betty asked him to use a family ring and it is the ring that I now wear with pride. Over the past year Grandma Betty suffered through severe lung cancer and put up a brave fight that put her in remission. However, her body was weakened from the chemo and radiation and when the cancer came back, it was too much for her body to take. Grandma Betty is gone now but she will live on in our hearts and minds.

Needless to say, we have a lot going on this week and my main concern is to be there for my Dad and Stepmom. I will be back to regular blogging as soon as possible but until then, I hope you all have a wonderful week. Make sure you hug the ones you love just a little bit closer because life is way too short to take them for granted.

8 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how hard that is. You're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss Stacy :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry :(
    I'll keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about Grandma Betty, she sounds like an amazing woman! I'm sure she will not be forgotten!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks again for all of your kind words and condolences. They mean so much to me and my family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so very sorry Stacy. A big internet hug to you and your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the hug Melissa! I needed that. : )

    ReplyDelete