August 5, 2009

My Pathetic Attempt To Catch Up

Alright, I am not promising anything big because God knows I will never be able to recap everything from the past few days but I do want to try to catch you guys up at least a little bit. So here goes nothing! The following pictures are in no particular order and definitely not chronological. I am being lazy and leaving them just the way they are. I know, I know...I suck at blogging. Sorry!


On Saturday, my wonderful sisters and I were able to sneak away for a few minutes to grab a cup of coffee and chat. We went to Cafe Caturra which is one of my favorite coffee shops and I had an amazing black currant iced tea. It was delicious and refreshing and totally hit the spot.

H and I went for a fun but exhausting bike ride on Saturday as well. We managed to finish a 45 mile ride pretty quickly and then jumped off the bike for a fast thirty minute run. It was a lot of fun and a great workout.


On Sunday I went for a 21 mile run. It was a very hot and humid day but I had great company and was determined to finish my miles. I ran the first 7 miles alone and then Mel and Billy paced me for the next 7 miles. At mile 14, Mel and Billy left and I met H for the last 7 miles. I had a wonderful time and I felt pretty strong the entire time. After the run, I went for a refreshing 1200 meter swim and my legs loved every moment of the cool water.



I enjoyed a lot of smooches with my wonderful husband. He is just the best and a great kisser. TMI? Nah! You needed to know that!


I found some time to sit in the sun and just enjoy life. It wasn't nearly long enough but I will take what I can get!


Of course we had a beautiful funeral for my Grandma Betty and H couldn't resist taking pictures of Mel and I in our LBD's.


I ate some wonderful food over the past few days but failed to take very many pictures of it. This was a delicious breakfast that I ate after doing speed work with the Matheny's. I had a carob walnut blondie with a peach and coffee. It was the perfect way to refuel after a long hard run!


H and I made a wonderful veggie filled pizza. This little beauty had red, yellow, green and orange bell peppers, banana peppers, red onion, tomatoes, garlic and mushrooms. It was divine and tasted even better when I ate a slice cold the next day!



I used my trusty Nuun tablets and a great new Carb Boom gel to help me finish my workouts this weekend. The awesome people at Carb Boom sent me this new energy gel and I loved it. I am not a huge gel fan but this one tasted just like vanilla icing. It was super sweet and delicious. Plus, it gave me a huge boost of energy to finish my run. I will definitely be using this one again.


We had a great BBQ dinner with Mel and Billy but the only picture I have of all of our delicious food is this plate of chips and cheese puffs that H ate. He was in heaven but it sort of grosses me out to look at it. The rest of us dined on grilled veggie burgers, zucchini, guacamole and chips. It was a perfect summer time meal.



Finally, here is one last sexy shot of my H. My poor H had to come to the funeral straight from work and was still in his training clothes. He works way too hard if you ask me but I guess that is what happens when you are a sexy and in demand trainer.



Okay, that is all I have for you guys. I will hopefully (fingers crossed) be back to regular blogging tomorrow. Thanks for hanging in there with me and for all of your kind words. I appreciate it all more than you will ever know. See you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Stacy,
    Thank you for taking time to blog and keep us updated. I know this is a hard time for you right now and your willingness to share these intimate times in your life just makes you that more "real" to your readers.
    My thoughts are with you and I hope things get better as days pass.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Melissa you just made my heart super happy. Thank you so much for your blog love and encouragment. : )

    ReplyDelete