August 26, 2009

Sometimes...

I feel like I am trapped in a cage and surrounded by sharks. I suppose most people would call my "shark cage" a cubicle and the "sharks"...well, we won't go there...but honestly, work can be scary and I wish I didn't have to go. Is anyone interested in paying me to train for triathlons full time? I will wear a shirt with your name on it and bake you muffins every once in a while. Any takers? (crickets...) Hmm...well, okay but the opportunity is there if any of you change your mind.

H and I had a fabulous dinner last night. I made Tabouli Stuffed Tomatoes from the recipe on the back of the Fantastic Foods Tabouli mix and they turned out great...even if I do say so myself!



I really love the Fantastic Foods mix because it is super easy, inexpensive and tastes awesome.


We eat the tabouli quite often but we had a ton of tomatoes on hand that needed to be used up and so we decided to get a little bit wild with our tabouli. The recipe can be found on the Fantastic Foods website and I definitely recommend it.

I woke up this morning and got my workout on like usual. I did an easy 5 mile jog and then went to a great yoga class which was exactly what my body needed. It was so nice to take it easy and give my body a break. I am planning on riding my bike this evening after work and I am really looking forward to it. It is supposed to be pretty hot and humid today but I am trying to enjoy the summer weather before it is over. I am already dreading winter and I am determined to enjoy the hot, humid conditions even when they seem miserable. (Someone remind me of that this afternoon when I am sweaty and exhausted!)

So, I am starting to get super excited about all of my upcoming races. It is going to be a great but challenging couple of months. This is my race schedule for the rest of the year:


Patriot's Half Ironman - Sept. 12
Heart of Virginia Century - Sept. 19
Maymont Half Marathon - Sept. 26
Scholarship 30K (sort of) - Oct. 4
Richmond Marathon - Nov. 14
Turkey Trot 10K - Nov. 26

There may be another race or two thrown in there but these are the definite races. What do you guys have coming up? Any first time racers? I would love to hear all about it. I have a feeling it is going to be an awesome fall!

Have a great day guys! Peace and chicken grease...umm, eww!

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous tomatoes! I love seeing what you and H prepare for dinner. You guys come up some great stuff.
    I'm thinking of signing up for the Susan Komen Race For The Cure Boston. It's on September 26th. I'm going on vacation to Seattle the week before and I think it'll help motivate me to continue to run while on vacation and get right back in the gym when I return (plus it's for a good cause). I just want to make sure I can fit it in before I sign up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I kind of want to train for the Patriot's Half-Ironman next year... Any tips on how to train, or good training plans for it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa: Thanks for the compliment...you are making me blush! : )
    I ran the Race for the Cure here in Richmond a few years ago and absolutely loved it. It was fun to be surrounded by so many women dressed in pink!

    KAT: You should DEFINITELY do the Patriot's Half next year. I did this race in 2007 as my first half ironman and I loved every single second of it. I made a lot of mistakes that first year but I still had so much fun. If you decide to do it next year, shoot me an email and I will give you the low down! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. umm, i have thought the exact same thing about training... maybe i should start playing the lottery :) those tomatoes sound delish, i should give that a tri! (ha)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome schedule. Those are some tough races!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Busy schedule! No wonder you are training so hard! Next year I will probably tackle a half Ironman, ugh just typing those words are scary! LOL!

    Here is my schedule this fall (so far!):
    This Sunday-Nuclear Mile swim
    Pinehurst Olympic Tri- 10/10
    Tobacco Trail 10 Miler-10/24
    OBX Marathon-11/8
    Some kind of run on Thanksgiving depending on if we will be in Raleigh or Virginia Beach

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennifer: A half IM isn't nearly as bad as you might think. I am sure you could do it!
    Your race schedule looks like a lot of fun. I have heard great things about the OBX Marathon. It is always the week before Richmond and so I have never been able to fit it into my race schedule, maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete