August 6, 2009

Still Playing Catch Up

I feel like I am still trying to catch up on everything but life just keeps on rolling. I am slowly starting to get back into a regular schedule though and that is awesome. After work last night, I went to get my haircut. It was getting way too long and very damaged from the pool. I had the stylist cut off a ton so that I won't have to go back for at least six weeks. I am very happy with it and it is going to be super easy to style and dry in the mornings. (Please excuse the funky lighting in this picture. You have to just love the wonderful fluorescent lights at work.)


After my haircut, I met H at home and we went for a wonderful evening bike ride. We had a blast riding together even though it was 91 degrees and humid as can be outside. I have said it before and I will probably say it a million times more but I honestly believe that the best way to unwind after a long day of work is with a nice easy workout. I am always in a much better mood after a workout and it also makes dinner taste amazing!


Speaking of dinner, we had a wonderful meal last night. I am not sure what to call our dinner because we kind of just threw a bunch of stuff in a pan, warmed it up and ate it but it was SO good. I guess it was sort of close to goulash but not really.




We simply combined a cup of pasta sauce, peppers, red onion, mushrooms, a crumbled veggie burger, BBQ sauce and all sorts of spices and then served it over pasta with a side of steamed broccoli. I definitely do not have a recipe for what we ate but I definitely recommend this haphazard pasta dish. H was really feeling a lot of love for the BBQ sauce last night and insisted that I take a picture of him in the midst of his condiment loving.



I had a couple of surprises waiting for me when I got home last night. The first surprise was a package with some goodies from the kind people over at Kopali Naturals. I am very excited to try out their products and will be posting a review very soon.


The second surprise was that H had packed my lunch for today and made me a very special sandwich. I just love my husband and I wish that I had been at home to watch him cut the smiley face in my pb&J. He is just too cool!


I had a great workout this morning that involved a super hard hill workout. I ran nine miles and four of them were hill repeats. My legs felt really good and I enjoyed the challenge of this run. I also managed to find time for some weights, stretching and physical therapy exercises.
I am leaving tomorrow for a quick weekend trip to the Outer Banks. We are going on a fun beach trip to celebrate Mel's birthday and we also have a race. It should be an absolute blast and I can hardly wait. H and I both need a weekend away from work and life and well, to be honest, from reality! I can't wait to just relax on the beach and let the sun and sand soothe my soul.
Have a great day guys and I will be back to chat again soon!

4 comments:

  1. that smiley face is awesome :) i just tried mulberries and really liked them! and you can't ever go wrong with mango

    have a great trip this weekend! i've always wanted to go there... maybe i can live vicariously through you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, that pb&j is way cute :)
    are you by any chance a vegetarian?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stacy! I hope you had a great trip. I was wondering if you could recommend a foam roller to me. I'm looking to buy one online and have no idea what I'm looking at. Is there a certain brand you can recommend? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ttfn300: I tried the mulberries today and loved them. They sort of taste like raisins but better. : ) In regard to The Outer Banks, if you get a chance you should totally go. It is simply beautiful there.

    KAT: I am not a vegetarian but I do not eat a lot of meat or dairy because I am picky. I love fish and I eat chicken every once in awhile but thats about it. I don't like milk, eggs or cheese so I don't eat those very often at all...if ever.

    Melissa: In regard to foam rollers, we have the Altus 24 inch foam roller. We bought it at Dick's Sporting Goods and it has worked great for us. I believe you can purchase it online from Dick's for about $25 which is a great deal. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete