August 28, 2009

You Don't Want To Mess With This!


I am feeling empowered and super tough this morning! My sister, Amy, is a certified Body Combat instructor and she was kind enough to give Mel and I a private lesson this morning. We spent just over an hour punching, kicking, jumping, jabbing and all sorts of other things that I can't really find words for.

I had so much fun working out with my sisters and was able to get quite a bit of aggression out which is always a plus. Before the Body Combat class, I also did an hour of boot camp, core and plyometric stuff with a little bit of strength training thrown in. I am feeling great and ready for some super tough workouts this weekend. Now I just have to cross my fingers that it doesn't rain all weekend and ruin my bike ride.

After our workout, my sisters came over to my house for some coffee and breakfast. Amy brought us an awesome breakfast of yogurt, fruit salad and Goji Moji bars.


Of course we had a ton of coffee as well because I don't think any of us got more than 5 or 6 hours of sleep last night. When did sleep become such a rare commodity? Honestly, we need to cut out a few hours of work and focus on sleep a bit more.

I am not going to bore you with talk about my night last night. I did have a lot of fun hanging out with H but we didn't really do anything exciting. We went grocery shopping and then came home to eat a bowl of cereal, watch football and sleep. I don't think I actually ate any dinner to be honest. I fell asleep on the living room floor and honestly, the next thing I remember, is waking up this morning when my alarm went off. I was exhausted and still feel like I am going to fall asleep at any moment. It is going to be hard to stay awake at work today. TGIF right!?

For those of you who were wondering, I did indeed google the word of the day this morning and it is delectation which means great pleasure, delight and enjoyment. How appropriate for a Friday! Have a weekend filled with delectation! (I am almost positive that I did not use that word correctly but at least I tried, right!?) Later guys!

4 comments:

  1. I hope your weekend is filled with delectation and I'll pray to the rain gods not to ruin your bike ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa: Do you have a rain dance as well? : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you had a rubbish weekend. It wasn't a holiday here in the UK but we still did something exciting: got a new puppy! Our dog died unexpectedly back in July and we just started to feel ready for another. So we got a (big) baby from a rescue centre. Only 8 months and already 47lbs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops - just posted a comment which was totally meant to be for your "sometimes life is just hard" post. No idea how I managed to do that!

    ReplyDelete