September 17, 2009

In Case you Didn't Know, I Am A Whiny Baby!

Hi guys, it is me again...the grumpy blogger! So, for all of you guys that are tired of me acting like a whiny baby this week, you can thank H for putting me in my place. When I got home from work last night, H and I were chatting as we packed our gym bags when he nonchalantly asked me, "Why were you so sh***y on your blog today? Do you really think people want to read that crap?" Okay, so maybe that sounds a little bit harsh and I have to admit that it pissed me off at first but when I thought about it a bit more, I realized that he is right. I have been in a bad mood ever since the race last Saturday and this week at work has not helped the situation but I am making it worse by embracing the grumpiness and taking out my frustrations on everyone around me. I think that I need to spend some time in Time Out but first I am going to think of ten things to be thankful for because I think it will be good for my soul.

1. The weekend is very, very close!

2. I am sipping on FREE coffee from Starbucks!

3. My tempo run was awesome this morning!

4. I have the two best sisters in the whole world!

5. The Office is back tonight! Yay!

6. H loves me even when I am crappy!

7. Two words: Cereal Night!

8. I have the most awesome blog readers ever!

9. September is filled with fun races!

10. Grapes are on sale at the grocery store!

Well, I don't feel 100% better but I have to admit that it did help a little bit. I mean, how could I not be happy on Cereal Night!?



Last night for dinner, H and I made BBQ chicken sandwiches that were to die for. Lately H and I have been trying to get a little more protein into our diets for muscle recovery and this was a delicious way to do it. Our sandwiches were super simple to make, all we did is bake a package of chicken in some BBQ sauce for about 20 minutes. Then, I pulled it out of the oven, shredded the chicken and placed it on top of a Trader Joe's bun with some extra BBQ sauce. It was delicious! We also had some steamed okra which I love. I am such an okra fan! I love the stuff.


I had an awesome tempo run this morning that I am super proud of. I did 10.50 miles in 70 minutes and I felt strong throughout the entire run. I am most excited that I had absolutely no pain in my hip or hamstrings which is HUGE! I love pain free running! I love painful running too but that is just because I am crazy. After my run, I did about 45 minutes of strength training which is already making my muscles feel sore. I think I am going to be hurting tomorrow morning. I managed to squeeze in a quick 20 minutes of core stuff and finished with a great stretch. I am feeling optimistic about the rest of the day because this workout definitely put me in a great mood.


Alright, I am going to put myself in Time Out to think about my bad attitude. Thanks for putting up with me guys...you really are the best blog readers ever! later!

10 comments:

  1. I love okra too! Especially fried okra :)
    And NICE tempo run! 10.5 miles is a long time to be speedy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. KAT: It must be a Virginia thing because H and I both love fried okra as well. I am just too lazy to fry it so we eat it steamed. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, you are crazy to love painful running :) way to rock that run! i have to say i'm not a huge okra fan...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon: You must not be from Virginia! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm from Florida and love okra fried and in gumbo! Yummy! By the way, okra is in the same family as the beautiful hibiscus flower. :)

    Holy moley you're fast!I just finished 8.6 at a nice even pace, with hills, and felt great the whole time. These are the days that make me love running. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love me some pain free running. I think I am almost immune to pain at this point.

    Good looking sammies too! I had the same thing tonight except it was in a pita!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm from Wisconsin originally and have never had okra!!!
    Love the positive attitude about your painful run...just have to try and extend that positive to all the painful things in life right? If only it was that easy!!
    Courtney
    Adventures in Tri-ing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Courtney: You must try some okra ASAP. I hear it helps make us better triathletes! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like that better go on my list of veggies to buy soon! Spaghetti squash and okra on the menu in the next month...I will join in with my southern bloggie friends!! :>

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes we need a little kick in the butt to realize THINGS REALLY AREN'T THAT BAD, you know? It's easy to get wrapped up in your own head, but GO H! for making you realize that life really is good, even beyond the stress of work and not living up to your own expectations (which are always the HIGHEST expectations, by the way). Hey, you finished the race. And you're alive to tell the story about it. What could be better, right?!

    I sat down with a friend this weekend who's wife of 38 years just passed away to this super rare form of brain cancer. He said one of the hardest yet most amazing parts of her struggle was that through it all she smiled. Not ever did she get down on herself.

    I've been kind of down on myself lately, too. But this conversation made me realize that there's always someone out there that is worse off, and that doesn't mean that I can't spend time reflecting on my situation and trying to find out why I'm so upset, but it came as a good reality check just when I seemed to need it.

    You'll get back to feeling better soon. Just focus on the good - the positive aspects of your life and you'll be back to normal in no time!

    ReplyDelete