September 9, 2009

Insert Witty Title Here

Okay, first things first, I must apologize for my horrible down in the dumps attitude yesterday. No one wants to listen to me whine about how hard life is and I cannot blame you. Thanks for all of the encouragement guys. I am feeling much better today and I am ready to get back to regular blogging.

So, after work last night, I had a ton of errands to run around town. I was rushing from one side of the city to the other and finally made it home about 7:30. As soon as I walked in the door, I got to work on a batch of muffins for one of H's clients and started to throw some dinner together. Dinner was super simple because I had no energy left for cooking. H and I made our favorite naan pizzas and steamed a huge container of broccoli.

Iknow it doesn't look like much but it was absolutely delicious! We were both starving and gobbled up our dinner like savages. Really, there was no silverware involved...just me, H and our primal hunger! (I feel like I must mention that I mean this in the most G rated of ways lest you all think we are a couple of perverted hornballs!) Anyway, dinner was awesome and then we got to work on laundry, packing lunches and getting gym bags ready for the next day. Typical Tuesday for us...aren't we just a barrel of laughs!?

When the alarm went off this morning, I jumped out of bed ready for an exciting day! Okay, well maybe I am stretching the truth just a little bit. When the alarm went off, I actually hit the snooze button...twice...and snuggled up under the covers for a few more minutes of sleep. I finally pulled my tired little butt out of bed and made it to the gym for a nice easy run. I was supposed to do a thirty minute easy run but my legs felt really great and I kept running until I hit 6 miles. I am supposed to be taking it easy this week but those miles felt wonderful. After my run, I did core work as usual and then went to my Wednesday morning yoga class with Jay. Yoga was awesome this morning. For the first time in over a month, I really felt like yoga was challenging and I loved every minute of it. I may or may not have fallen asleep in corpse pose at the end of class but that is between me and my yoga mat! Overall, my workout this morning was awesome and my body is feeling strong and ready to race. I may go for a bike ride this evening if I get out of work at a decent time. There is rain in the forecast for the evening but I am crossing my fingers that the weather guy is wrong because I really want to ride my bike.

So, the big news of the day is that it is my fabulous husband's 30th birthday! I cannot believe that my H is turning 30! Wow! We met when we were 22 and the years have just flown by! I cannot believe that I have had eight wonderful years with my precious H. He is the coolest guy I have ever met and he has made my life so incredibly happy. I grew up in a crazy dysfunctional home and although I absolutely love both of my parents, their marriage was tough on our entire family. My parents went through two nasty divorces and absolutely shattered my belief in love...then, I met H! I am so blessed to have a husband who loves me with all of his heart and H works hard to show me his love on a daily basis. He still leaves me love notes every morning and calls to make sure I made it safely to work. He lays out a towel for me every morning and helps me make dinner each night. H is my training partner, best friend, lover and so much more. I am a very lucky girl and I am very excited to celebrate this day with my man. So, here is my little tribute to the man who makes my life so wonderful. I wish that all of you guys could meet him because you would love him but for now, the following pictures will have to do.















Happy Birthday H! You are officially thirty, flirty and thriving! I love you with all of my heart!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday H! Thanks for taking such good care of our girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday H! AWW You guys are SOOO Cute! i hope to find someone that completes me like he completes you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww how sweet. Happy birthday to H, who looks like a hardcore athlete!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are all so sweet. I made sure that H saw your comments and he is grinning from ear to ear...especially when he saw the one about being a hardcore athlete. : ) Thanks guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all of the happy birthday wishes. I am the luckiest guy in the whole foods...I, mean world to have the Stace in my life. : )

    ReplyDelete