September 23, 2009

Jonesing For The Weekend

As usual, I can hardly wait for the weekend to get here. I don't have any big plans or anything but I just love weekends! Well, I do have a race this weekend so I guess that is sort of a big deal. I am running the Maymont Half Marathon on Saturday morning which is a beautiful cross country race. The course is a mix of road and trail running with a few fun obstacles thrown in. The race has a few tough hills and some interesting terrain but it is a fun course. This will be the sixth time I have run this race and I have run the course many more times so it won't be anything new and exciting but it has become a fall tradition that I am looking forward to.

Last night was a busy evening of errands and chores but I did manage to have a good dinner with H. We fixed a great taco salad that was a mixture of romaine lettuce, tomatoes, black beans, white cheddar, salsa, greek yogurt and homemade tortilla chips.

I love taco salads! They are so delicious and easy. Yum, yum , yum!

My workout this morning was short but fun. H and I hit the snooze button a few too many times so I only had time for a quick 7 mile run and some core work before my Wednesday morning yoga class. We had a substitute teacher in yoga this morning and although I missed our regular instructor, it was fun to try a few new poses and a different style of teaching. It was a relatively easy class but we did tons of hip openers and my hips are very, very happy about that! I am planning on doing a bit of strength training and some more core work after work tonight...darn that snooze button!


Later guys!

5 comments:

  1. I never would think to put greek yogurt in a taco salad, but it looks really good! Good luck on your half!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in your race. I'm running in the Komen Race For The Cure on Saturday. I'm nervous, but I'm sure it will be fine.

    I like that you had a positive attitude towards a different yoga teacher. I've been in classes where people will get an attitude and even walk out if it's a different instructor. I think it's mean and I feel so bad for the poor person :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. The race sounds fantastic! I love mixing it up with new scenery and terrain. Also loving the taco salad, I love Mexican food and am always looking for a way to make it healthy, but I have been known to splurge that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm taco salad! That is one of my go-to lunches for sure!

    Good luck on your race this weekend...hopefully we both have good race reports!

    Courtney
    Adventures in Tri-ing

    ReplyDelete