September 30, 2009

Running Late...

This is going to have to be super fast because I am running so late this morning. Our loooong boring training seminar at work starts in just a few minutes and somehow I am already behind on all of my work! How does that even happen? It isn't even 9:00 am and I am behind! Ai yi yi!
Last night for dinner, I pulled out another one of my Twin Oaks samples. This time I used the Italian Herb Tofu to make spaghetti and tofu balls. Yum, yum! I love tofu balls even though the name sounds weird and they are so easy to make.



Tofu Balls
1/2 block tofu
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 egg
2/3 cup marinara sauce
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
season to taste

Crumble the tofu into a large mixing bowl and then add all remaining ingredients. Mix with your hands and then form into small balls. Place the tofu balls on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about twenty minutes or until golden brown. Serve with pasta and marinara sauce.




The Twin Oaks tofu made awesome tofu balls because it was filled with all sorts of Italian herbs. I also love the texture of this tofu because I like it extra firm. (TWSS) I can't see myself buying another kind of tofu after trying the Twin Oaks brand because it is so fresh tasting and delicious. You can find out more about the Twin Oaks line of products at twinoakstofu.com. Do yourself a favor and check them out because I love this stuff!

This morning has been very busy and I have been rushing around like a crazy lady. I managed to fit in an easy six mile run and then went to a wonderful yoga class. Yoga was awesome and very challenging this morning and I loved every moment of it. I especially loved the end of class when I may or may not have fallen asleep in corpse pose. Shh! That will be our little secret.

Alright, I have got to go but I hope you all have an awesome day! This is the last day of September 2009 so make sure you live it up! Later!

7 comments:

  1. Good luck in boredom land today!!!!
    I'm going to make some tomato sauce today too...with turkey sausage. But I have to admit, your tofu balls look good too!!

    Courtney
    Adventures in Tri-ing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thats too funny that you actually fell asleep during yoga- I always wish I can, but then the class ends. How often do you practice yoga? I did it SO much this summer, but I feel like I have no time now to get back into it. Anyways, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those tofu balls look really awesome! did you make the recipe up? it is really creative! nice job on fitting your fitness in despite the busy schedule :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tofu balls look delicious. I think I'll start experimenting with tofu soon - it's very popular here in Japan.

    I have training for work on SATURDAY from 8am-5pm! Booooo! Training on a weekend just doesn't seem right.

    Happy October everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dinner looked yummy- thanks for another great recipe idea!!! I'll have to try it when you come over.

    H keep up the hard work!- Great blog yesterday

    PB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm tofu balls. Haha. I may have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. tofu balls? never tried those... yours look delish :)

    ReplyDelete