September 8, 2009

Sometimes Life Is Just Hard

Have you ever had one of those weekends where you are reminded that life is difficult as an adult? That was me this weekend. I did manage to have some fun this weekend and I was able to really catch up on my sleep but there were also a lot of really difficult things that I was forced to deal with. I completely failed at taking pictures this weekend and I don't have any sort of weekend recap for you. I know, I know...my blogging skills suck but honestly, sometimes I just need a break. So, instead of my regular weekend recap, why don't you guys tell me what you did over the wonderful holiday weekend?

It is really weird to start off the work week on a Tuesday and I am having a hard time getting back into the swing of things. This is going to be a super busy week for me because work is crazy but I also have to get things ready for our trip to the half ironman this weekend and H is turning 30 tomorrow so that means I have birthday things to take care of as well. We did a small family celebration over the weekend but I have a few things up my sleeve that he doesn't know about yet. I can hardly wait to surprise him. Turning 30 is a huge deal and we are going to party like we are still 29...well, hmmm...maybe more like 20 because we really didn't party much at 29. Man oh man, we are getting old!

I started my morning off with a nice easy speed work session. I am tapering for the race this weekend so I did a short set of 8 x 400 meters and finished up with a nice easy jog. I managed to get 7 miles and then did about thirty minutes of core work, push ups and stretching. I sort of feel like a slacker because normally my workouts on Tuesday are really tough and kick my butt but I just keep reminding myself that I need to taper and rest for the race. Hopefully, all of this rest will pay off on Saturday.

It is such a nasty day outside and the weather guy said that we are going to have rain for the next three days. Blah! It is very hard to stay upbeat and motivated at work when it is cold, rainy and gloomy outside. It is perfect napping weather though. I really need to figure out a way to nap underneath my desk. Maybe I can install some sort of pull out cot or something. Hmmm? That is definitely something I need to think about. I bet my step dad could figure something out. (Edge? Do you have any ideas?)

Alright, I have blabbed on about nothing for long enough now. Thanks for making it to the end of this post with me because I know it has been painful to read. I promise to be back soon with something witty and fun....well, as close to witty and fun as possible anyway! Have a great day guys!

7 comments:

  1. Sometimes your body needs an easy day :)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to H!

    I'm sorry you're feeling down in the dumps. When you're feeling down, just think about all the fun you're going to have this weekend!

    I hear you about needing a nap at work. I'm not saying you should do this, but we have a couch in the ladies room at my work and I'll go in a few times a day, lock the door, and lay down. Don't tell on me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa: My brother used to do the same thing at work and I was so jealous of him. don't worry, I won't tell. You are my napping hero! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boo to being an adult! I say we initiate a week of naps, juice boxes and oreos, like in kindergarten! We have a couple vacant offices and I have contemplated bringing a sleeping bag and pillow to keep in one (there are only 10 of us in my office.)

    My weekend was busy as usual, ran 10 miles Friday night since we were out of town Saturday for the ECU game, rode 52 miles on Sunday then yesterday was housekeeping day; mountains of laundry, errands and getting ready for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer: My niece started kindergarten today and I am super jealous of her "rest time". Oh to be young again. I would not take it for granted this time...I promise! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interestingly....I teach kindergarten and I can tell you 5 year olds do not appreciate rest time enough. I do it for a week and then I get sick of telling them to lay down and be quiet and usually just eliminate it completely for my own sanity. Obviously they don't get that it is really ME who needs the rest time!
    Anyway, I'm sorry you are not loving being an adult right now- we all have moments like that, but at least you have a fun weekend ahead and some birthday partying to do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My weekend was pretty long! 21 mile run and work on Saturday, just kind of relaxed and hung out with friends Sunday, then homework and cleaning Monday. Not too busy, but I did get a lot done.

    Sorry you are having a rough time!

    ReplyDelete