September 10, 2009

The Thursday That Looked Like A Friday

Good morning! I am feeling quite spunky and I am ready to have a wonderful day. It is so gloomy and cold outside but I refuse to let that get me down. I am the biggest baby about letting the weather affect my mood. I just don't like rainy days because they make me sad and grumpy. However, today I have sunshine on my mind and all I am thinking about is the wonderful weekend ahead. H and I are taking Friday off to travel to Williamsburg for the Patriot's Half Ironman. Williamsburg is only about an hour away so we really don't have a huge trip ahead of us but we have a ton of stuff to get ready for the race. Triathlons require so much equipment. I have a packing list that is two pages long and growing. I also still need to clean my bike and do some shopping for last minute items like Nuun and bike tubes...I should probably shake out my wetsuit as well because it has been in the back of my closet for a long time. Guess I will add that to my to do list! Anyway, like I was saying, H and I are taking tomorrow off and I am super excited about having a long weekend. We have a few other activities planned for our time in Williamsburg including hitting up the Banana Republic outlet! Oh yeah! Now, I just need to focus on work for one more day but I am finding that very difficult. Work Schmerck!

H and I had a wonderful birthday celebration last night. We didn't do anything too wild but it was a wonderful evening. We had a quiet evening at home together (ooo la la) and a great dinner followed by quite a bit of debauchery. Well, maybe it wasn't full blown debauchery but there was cake, ginger ale and a lot of laughs. I fixed H a great birthday dinner of tuna steak, roasted potatoes and brussel sprouts.

It was absolutely delicious...even if I do say so myself. Over the weekend I made H a peanut butter cheesecake for his birthday and he gobbled the whole thing up by Sunday. You would think that a whole cheesecake would satisfy the birthday dessert requirement but not in my house! You simply cannot celebrate a birthday without a piece of cake so I stopped by Ellwood Thompson's on my way home from work and grabbed a piece of chocolate cake for my birthday boy. I think he liked it!





My workout this morning was another easy taper workout. I am going to be honest and tell you guys that I do not do well with taper weeks. I always end up feeling grumpy, sore, lethargic, fat and out of shape. I have started to learn to expect to feel this way while tapering but it is still hard mentally. Anyway, at the gym I did a nice EASY 7 mile run and then I went to spin class. I was a little bit hesitant about going to a spin class this morning but I really wanted to bike for a little bit. I was very careful to not overdo the sprints and climbs during the class which is a huge step for me. Usually, I am very competitive in a class setting and want to push myself harder than everyone else. It was hard to sit a few of the sprints out and scale back my climbing time but I am sure my legs will appreciate it during the race this weekend. After I finished spinning, I jumped on the treadmill again for another easy mile and then I had a nice long stretch. The stretch felt so good and my body is feeling strong. Yay!

I am going to try and blog again before we leave on our trip but if I don't, then I hope you all have a wonderful weekend filled with sunshine. Bye guys!

9 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to the hubs and good luck on the half ironman!! I cannot wait to read the recap on the race!!!

    Courtney
    Adventures in Tri-ing

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you are in such a great mood today! i love your spunk. when it is cold and dreary out i LOOOOVE it, i am all about the cold weather! send some my way :) i can't wait to see how this weekend goes, good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your race!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. janetha: If I could send our entire winter to you, I would wrap it in a pretty box, tie it up with a fancy bow and then celebrate as it made its way to your corner of the world. You can have it! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh la la! I love quiet nights at home. Happy Birthday to H!

    Good luck in the race and enjoy your weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Luck on the half ironman!!! You are going to be awesome!

    ALso I just gave you a blog award, come check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on the race! Haha I don't taper well either. I will go insane before Chiacgo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad things are going better after a not-so-hot weekend! a belated happy birthday to H as well :) Loved the photos!!

    most importantly... GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND :) can't wait for the recap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. FL is beautiful this time of year- see you soon

    PB

    ReplyDelete