September 3, 2009

We Ain't Afraid Of No Stinkin' Hills!

Good morning! It is such a beautiful day and I am wishing it was the weekend so that I could be outside enjoying it. I was able to get outside for a little while this morning for a great hill workout. First things first though, I started my workout this morning with an easy two mile jog on the treadmill. My legs were so grumpy and lethargic this morning but after about ten minutes of running, they felt much better. After my jog, I did a short upper body workout and then, Mel and I met up at 5:15 for a dark but fun workout. I cannot believe how dark it is in the morning now. Summer is definitely coming to an end. Anyway, Mel and I started our workout with a 20 minute warm up jog and then we started our hill intervals. We did 20 x 200 meter hill repeats with a 200 meter recovery jog between each set. I had so much fun running up and down that huge hill. I wish that it hadn't been quite so dark outside but the sun was starting to come up as we finished our workout. After the intervals were finished, we did a 20 minute cool down jog and made our way back to the gym. We did quite a bit of stretching and then unfortunately, we were out of time and had to get ready for work. Boo! I don't want to go to work today.



I had a great bike ride last night after work. It was a beautiful evening and there was actually a little chill in the air which was weird. I did a nice easy ride around my neighborhood and it really helped me to unwind after a stressful day at work. When I made it back home, I whipped up a nice easy dinner for H and I. We had english muffin sandwiches with tofurkey, cheese, tomatoes and egg.


Well, actually H had an egg on his but I hate eggs, so I made sure that there were no eggs anywhere near my sandwich. We also had a huge serving of broccoli on the side which was awesome. I just love vegetables! They are so good and they make my body super happy.

Finally, thank you to everyone who commented on my previous post. I really appreciate all of the support and encouragement. I think I have the best readers ever! Shh...don't tell the other blogs! They might get jealous!

Have a great day guys!

4 comments:

  1. Great hill workout! Haha, since coming back to JMU, I've definitely get hill workouts in every single time I run outside- its impossible to escape the hills! Thanks also for telling your story, btw, it was really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been dark here earlier as well. I run around the same time as you and I can notice a difference. I am thinking about buying some sort of headlamp or something. Any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat: There are definitely a lot of hills at JMU. I have a friend that trained for a marathon while going to Virginia Tech and running all of the hills helped him to set a huge PR at the marathon. I think you will rock Richmond this year!

    Matt: I have never run with any sort of a headlamp but my coach has a small light that you can clip onto a regular hat. The light is pretty powerful for how small it is. You may want to check at your local running store to see what your options are.

    ReplyDelete