October 5, 2009

Back To The Grind

I am not sure how the weekends come and go so quickly but here we are at the start of another week. I am feeling optimistic about this week though because life is good and I am hopeful that it will only get better. So, without further adieu, here is my weekend recap:

Saturday
H and I slept in on Saturday morning and didn't crawl out of bed until 7:00. It was so wonderful to get some extra sleep but I have noticed that whenever I sleep in, I am SO sore. My muscles were aching and my legs were grumpy as I went through the typical morning routine of coffee, breakfast and a run. I went for a nice easy 6.50 mile run and the beautiful fall weather was awesome. After my run, H and I did a pretty intense ab workout and then spent some time stretching. The rest of our morning was spent running errands and doing chores around the house. We took a break at 12:00 to walk to the park near our house for a family picnic.

It was the perfect day for a picnic and even though a lot of our family couldn't make it, we had a blast hanging out with the people who did show up. There was food, football and fun...what more could you ask for out of a picnic? The rest of Saturday was spent napping, reading and relaxing which is just what H and I needed.

Sunday
We woke up much earlier on Sunday morning and drove to Pocahontas State Park for a great trail run. The trails out at Pocahontas are really challenging and have a ton of hills but I love to run out there. We met up with the Matheny's and ran a strong 18 miles.
There were definitely some challenging aspects to the run and I think we were all glad when the GPS finally reached 18 miles but I had a blast out there. There is no better way to spend a Sunday morning than running through a beautiful park with great friends.

After the run, we did a nice long stretch at the car and then rushed home to get some food. I was starving and ready to get my eat on! The rest of our Sunday was a repeat of Saturday. H and I relaxed, took naps, watched some football, ate a bunch of food and just enjoyed not having to work. Weekends are just awesome!
So, here we are back at the start of another work week. Like I mentioned earlier, I am feeling really optimistic about this week. I started my day off with a great workout although, I have to admit that I hit the snooze button a few too many times and didn't make it to the gym quite as early as I had hoped. I blame the entire thing on Desperate Housewives. I hate staying up until 10:00 on Sunday nights but I would hate to miss all of the excitement on Wisteria Lane even more. Anyway, I did a quick 1 mile warm up jog and then jumped on the stepmill for 30 minutes. As soon as I finished climbing those stupid steps, I hurried over to the weight room and did a fast but hard 30 minutes of upper body strength training and a tiny bit of core work. I ran out of time before I could finish all of my weight workout but I was determined to make it to spin class. I rushed over to get my spin on and spent a hard hour on the bike. I am planning on finishing my weight workout this evening after work and hopefully, I will have time for some yoga as well. I guess I will have to wait and see how early I can sneak out of work. Shh!

I better get to work so I can get this Monday behind me. Talk to you later!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like your weekend was the perfect combo of fitness, friends, fun and relaxing! That is my kind of weekend!!

    Here's to a great week!!

    Courtney
    Adventures in Tri-ing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on your run,3 day weekend coming up 5 yr. ani. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm, sounds like a fab weekend ;) glad you were able to relax!!

    ReplyDelete