October 12, 2009

My Attempt To Visit San Francisco

Hello blog world! I am only here for a quick moment to post a recipe for the Foodbuzz Nature's Pride Bread Ambassador Contest. I know that my chances of winning are one in a million but hey, it is worth a shot. The rules of the contest are pretty simple, all I need to do is post a recipe using Nature's Pride bread on my blog. As soon as I heard about the contest, I knew exactly what my recipe would be. I have been working on a recipe for Panzanella, which is an Italian bread salad, for a few weeks now. I think the combination of flavors in traditional Panzanella are amazing but I wanted to recreate them in my own way. So, without further adieu, here is my recipe for:

Nature's Pride Panzanella Perfection
6 cups bite-size pieces of Nature's Pride bread (I used Healthy Multi Grain)
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 medium tomatoes, chopped
2/3 cup red onion, chopped
10 basil leaves, shredded
1/2 cup pitted green or black olives, halved
1/2 cup artichoke hearts, sliced
1 cup fresh mozzarella, cut into bite size pieces
1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, toss the bread with olive oil, salt pepper and garlic.
Lay bread onto a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Remove the bread from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine tomatoes, red onions, basil, olives, artichoke hearts, mozzarella and vinaigrette.

Mix well and allow to sit marinate for at least 20 minutes.

About ten minutes before serving, mix the bread into the vegetable mixture and coat the bread as much as possible with the dressing. Allow the salad to sit for just a few minutes to allow the bread to absorb the flavors in the dressing. Serve large generous portions and enjoy.

Cross your fingers for me guys!

5 comments:

  1. MMMMM That looks amazing! I'm going to be bookmarking this recipe for future making!

    Courtney
    Adventures in Tri-ing

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been meaning to try a panzanella!! looks great, and i'm crossing my fingers, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can say from experience, this is a DELICIOUS recipe. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great recipe! I hope you win!

    Are you in VA? I saw a lot of the race names down the side and was wondering. I live in southwest VA :)

    ReplyDelete