October 29, 2009

Nice and Easy

Good morning blog friends! I am having a great morning and the proof is in the picture above. I am actually smiling at work and that is HUGE! Now, my smile may or may not have something to do with my boss being out of town for the rest of the week but that is neither here nor there!

Anyway, lets talk about something fun. Workouts are fun!

This morning I had a very tough tempo run on my marathon training plan and I did not want to do it at all! I was so nervous about this tempo run because it was long, fast and hard. (I can't help myself...TWSS!) I actually woke up a couple of times during the night because I was so stressed out about this run. When my alarm clock went off, I was actually really happy to get out of bed and get to the gym because I just wanted to get the run behind me. The mental aspect of this sucker was killing me! I jumped on the treadmill for my warm up and 95 minutes later I was finished with 13.25 miles and had a big silly grin on my face. I was soooooooooooooo happy to be finished that I actually contemplated running a few more miles in celebration. I quickly vetoed that idea though because I knew that I needed to get some strength training in this morning and I was quickly running out of time. I manged to do 30 minutes of strength training and worked my chest, lats and triceps. After my strength training, I spent 15 minutes stretching and chatting with Mel which was easily the best part of my workout. Mel actually had a 15 mile tempo run this morning and she made it look so nice and easy! Seriously, I don't know how she does it! Wow!

Another thing that was nice and easy was our dinner last night. H had to work really late and while I was waiting for him to get home, I accidentally fell asleep. I was out cold until he finally walked in the door at 8:15. In a rush to get dinner on the table, I decided that we would have a nice easy meal of tuna sandwiches and broccoli which totally hit the spot.



Sometimes the simple things in life just totally hit the spot and this was one of those moments. I inhaled my sandwich, snacked on an apple and went back to bed. I wish that I would have had more time to hang out with H but I was just too tired. I am so ready for the weekend to get here so that I can hang out with my main man and also catch up with the Sandman as well.

Have a great Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, GREAT job on your run! You're so fast- I best you could qualify for Boston :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww shucks, thanks Kat. I actually have already qualified for Boston five times but I haven't run it yet. I would like to try and qualify at the men's time because I really like a challenge. Yep, I am weird! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Fast! It's great that you set harder and harder challenges for yourself! Way to climb back on the treadmill after the other day! I might have been scared. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh trust me, I was a little bit scared to get back on the treadmill but living in fear has never gotten me anywhere. I did run on a different treadmill though. : )

    ReplyDelete