October 6, 2009

October Is Awesome

I am just loving fall so far this year. The weather has been simply beautiful and there is an excitement in the air about all of the fun we have to look forward to. The last half of the the year is packed with holidays and races and excitement and I can hardly wait. I think I am most excited about the Richmond Marathon right now but that will probably change as the race gets closer. I am really looking forward to Thanksgiving and visiting my Mom in December and a whole slew of other things. What are you guys looking forward to in the last few months of the year?

I haven't really been eating anything exciting over the past few days so I am not going to bore you with the same old food pictures. I have been eating a ton of salad which is awesome because I loves salad. I have just been craving veggies like a crazy woman. I really want some turkey too which is weird but I may have to go find some at the store. Anyway, in case you were curious, this is what my salad usually looks like and it is super tasty!

I have been making my own salad dressing lately by combining german mustard with a little bit of agave, some water and lots of garlic. I suppose you could call it a poor man's honey mustard dressing but I just call it deeeelicious!

I had the best workout this morning and loved every moment of it! I was on the treadmill at 3:30 and busted out 10 fast miles of speed work. I did:

Warm Up - 2 miles
2 x 1200 w/ 2 x 400 recovery jog
2 x 800 w/ 2 x 400 recovery jog
4 x 400 w/ 4 x 400 recovery jog
4 x 200 w/ 4 x 200 recovery jog
Cool Down - 1.50 miles

The workout flew by and I felt great when it was finished. After the speed work, I did a ton of stretching and all of my physical therapy exercises. My legs loved this portion of the workout! As soon as I was done stretching I went to Boot Camp. We had a great Boot Camp class today. Our teacher is going to be out for a month due to surgery and she decided to go out with a bang. She punished us until we were all panting, sweating and begging for mercy but it was super fun. I especially loved the hill sprints, follow the leader drills and plyometrics. I feel great in that sore, exhausted, proud sort of way.

Where is this day going? Seriously! I cannot believe it is so late. I better get moving if I am going to get anything done before the sun goes down. Ay yi yi!

4 comments:

  1. I love how the weather is a chil in the morning & not to hot but 80 midday(nights are good for walks) Good w-out Stace!Crazy bootcamp.Love u

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to Halloween and haunted houses!

    Great workout!

    p.s. Your comment on my blog about text messaging made me laugh. Last week the battery on my cell phone died and I didn't notice for three days until Christian asked me why I wasn't answering a text he sent me. I need to work on my cell phone skills too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were running 10 miles at 3:30 AM?! AAAHHH!!! You rock! I did a post just now on my crazy 4 mile run...although it was def. not at 3:30 AM!

    I think your salad dressing sounds just perfect! Yum!

    I'm looking forward to a friend's wedding, a 5k, a 5 miler, and hopefully passing my ACE exam!!

    Courtney
    Adventures in Tri-ing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fall too. I am looking forward to going home for Thanksgiving. It feels weird that I won't be home before then though. I am missing my Fall break for the marathon, but it is totally worth it ;)

    ReplyDelete