October 8, 2009

Push The Tempo

Whew! What a morning! I had a tough workout this morning and it totally kicked my butt. I am not even going to pretend that I am feeling good because I am dragging after that torture. I had a really tough tempo run and I suffered through all 80 minutes of it. The only thing that kept me moving was that I had the Fatboy Slim song Push The Tempo stuck in my head. Honestly, I am not a huge Fatboy Slim fan but that is the most perfect tempo song ever. You should all go to ITunes right now and put it on your Ipod because it is an awesome song to run to. Anyway, I did my tempo run and finished 11 miles in 80 minutes and then stumbled off the treadmill to go cry in the corner somewhere. Well, okay not really but I was beat! I did about 45 minutes of strength training and then spent the rest of my workout pretending to do my abs and stretching on the floor. I am so glad to have that run over with and I am forever indebted to Fatboy Slim for pulling me through that treadmill torture!

Backing up a bit, my precious H had a tough day at work yesterday. Nothing really bad happened but he had an overly full schedule and a few stressful clients that left him drained. I decided to make some good ol' Southern comfort food with a healthy twist to cheer him up a bit. We had tofu loaf with mashed potatoes and steamed asparagus and it was mmm mmm good!


One of my favorite things to do in the kitchen is to transform unhealthy recipes into something a little bit better for my waistline and overall health. I grew up on meatloaf and mashed potatoes and loved to mash them together and pour ketchup all over the mess I had created. It was delicious! This meal is so nostalgic and it was super easy to whip up. I am not really sure that it made H's day any better but it definitely put a smile on my face!

I have a pretty busy work day ahead of me but H and I are taking tomorrow off for our anniversary so I can definitely hang in there for one more day. I love long weekends! Does anyone have big plans for the upcoming weekend? I know that Matt from The Kitchen of a Runner is running the Chicago Marathon this weekend. It will be his first marathon and he is going to do awesome! I can't wait to hear all about it. Also, the Hawaii Ironman World Championships are this weekend. I would LOVE to be there but since I can't, I will be tracking my favorite triathletes online. (Go Chrissie Wellington!) What else is going on?

Oh man, I better get to work...be back to chat soon!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for the inspiration, I'm going to make turkey meatloaf for my man tonight!!! Yum!

    I'm taking my ACE certification on Saturday morning...EEEEEK!!! Cramming my head full of studying all week.

    Sunday I plan to go to the gym and watch the Chicago Marathon on TV (they play it here since I live locally) and run along with them! I think it is fun to watch the marathon while I'm on the treadmill!!!

    Courtney
    Adventures in Tri-ing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I always pretend to do my abs, and then end up stretching instead! I'm super excited to hear about everyone running the Chicago Marathon as well- SO many bloggers are doing it, esp. as their first marathon ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! I have the same song on my playlist. It keeps ya going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Happy Anniversary, I hope you two have a great day!

    ReplyDelete