October 26, 2009

Well, Darn It!

Seriously, I am not really sure how it is already Monday evening. I haven't posted a darn thing in days and the only excuse I have is that I have been super busy with life. I know that is a silly excuse but it is the only one I've got. My precious H has been sick for days and I have been trying to take good care of him. I worry about my sweet husband because honestly, well look for yourself...
He is in amazing shape and has very little body fat which means that after a couple of days with the flu, he starts to waste away to nothing. It is a tough job to keep him eating and drinking when he is sick because like the rest of us, the last thing we want to do when we are sick is eat. Thankfully, H is on the mend and things are starting to get back to normal around here. Flu season sucks! Are you guys planning on getting a flu shot this year? I have never had one and don't plan on getting one this year but I know that a lot of people swear by them.

Anyway, enough sick talk...we have managed to have quite a bit of fun between bouts of the flu and I know that this recap is not going to do it justice. I think I am going to take the lazy way out and just post a bunch of pictures with a brief explanation. Here goes nothing:

Friday morning I had an awesome time with my beautiful sisters at Coffee Club. We had gingerbread cookies, tangerines and delicious coffee while chatting and laughing the morning away. I am so blessed to have such wonderful sister friends!


I have been on a major salad kick and so a lot of these have been consumed! Yum Yum!

I have been running my little butt off in preparation for the marathon. I finished my last really long run this weekend (20 miles) and apart from a couple of HARD tempo runs, I am officially tapering. I am getting excited and nervous about the race but mostly, I am dreading the taper blues and all of the aches and pains that are about to show up. I have said it a million times and I am sure everyone is tired of hearing it by now but, tapering sucks!

I have been eating LOTS of pizza! It is quick, easy, cheap and carbilicious! What more could a girl want?

Of course, I have also been eating a lot of brussel sprouts as well. I think if I was forced to make a decision, I would choose brussel sprouts over chocolate...does that make me weird?


H and I finally got around to carving pumpkins this year and we had a great time! We have been carving pumpkins together for a few years now and it never gets old. I really look forward to it every year. Can you guess which pumpkin I carved and which pumpkin H carved?
Okay, one last picture and then I will let you guys go. On Friday night, H and I went to the Ashland Berry Farm for their Haunted Evenings event. There are all sorts of activities involved but we went for the haunted hayride. I am a big scaredy cat and get freaked out by everything but I really love to go walk through the haunted forest and run away from all of the crazy monsters.

We brought Mel and Billy along with us for added protection and we had so much fun wandering around the woods and trying to act brave. I was super thankful to have H and Mel nearby...I think I was squeezing both of their hands pretty tight but like I said before, I am a big scaredy cat.
I think I am out of pictures now which means you are off the hook and can stop reading this long recap post. I am crossing my fingers that I will be back to regular blogging tomorrow but honestly, the way things are going lately, there is just no guarantee. I hope that you guys are all having an awesome start to your week...be back to chat soon!

5 comments:

  1. Oh no! Get well soon H! I haven't had a flu shot in years. They're going to be offering the H1N1 shot at my work when it's available, so maybe I'll get a flu shot at the same time.

    Halloween is my favorite holiday. The hay ride looks like it was a lot of fun.

    Good luck tapering. I hope you aren't in too much pain and can find a way to enjoy it. I suggest downloading a bunch of new music and making yourself a new playlist to rock out to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with brussel sprout and would probably choose them over chocolate too...so you're not the ONLY crazy one out there! Awesome job on your last long run, and hope your husband feels better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am feeling so much better after my precious wife (the stace) helped the harold (me) out & made sure i was not in need Its so much better to be well.My Stace never has been sick well once but i took care off her & it Only lasted a day.It pays to eat & live a healthy lifestyle.I am amazed at the dicipline she has She is my HERO!!! I was the luckiest sick guy in the world cause she was there by my side:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! Sorry he is sick!

    I was sick last week but I got over it pretty quick actually. I hadn't been sick in about three years so it was definetly a shock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being sick sucks! I get a flu shot but only because the boyfriend's Dad (a doctor) gives it to me for free :)

    I am a super chicken when it comes to Halloween, I can hardly run past decorated houses without being spooked!

    ReplyDelete