October 21, 2009

Where Has Today Gone?

Man, I woke up this morning and already felt like I was running late. Apparently, I still haven't caught up because it is now early evening and I am just getting around to posting. H and I were talking last night about how it is no fun to grow up and on days like today, that is definitely the case. Sometimes I wish that I was still a kid and that my biggest problem was trying to talk my Mom into buying Peanut Butter Captain Crunch for breakfast. Those were the days! Anyway, I am going to do a quick recap and then I have got to get back to work. Ugh...it is going to be a long night!

Last night for dinner, I decided to whip up a meal with things we had in our pantry. I started pulling items out of the cabinet and when I surveyed the array of goods in front of me, I decided that I could make a really great soup. H is not a big fan of soup unless it involves a lot of cheese and cream but I was able to twist his arm a bit and once he tried it, he actually enjoyed this soup. So, without further adieu here is my recipe for super easy and extremely delicious:

Chickpea Noodle Soup
In a large saucepan, combine:
32 oz. vegetable broth
1/4 c. bbq sauce (weird, I know, but this is my secret ingredient!)
12 - 16 oz. of your favorite frozen veggies
1 can of chickpeas
garlic, salt, pepper and other seasonings to taste
Bring this mixture to a boil, stirring every once in a while. Once the soup is boiling add:
6 - 8 oz. of your favorite pasta
additional spices to taste
Reduce the heat to low, cover and allow the soup to simmer for 10 - 15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!

See, didn't I tell you it was easy? This soup was great and there were a ton of leftovers which makes it easy to pack my lunch the rest of the week. I love meals that have lots of leftovers!

Like I mentioned before, today has been super busy but of course I found time to get in a workout. I ran a nice, easy 6 miles this morning and then worked on my abs and obliques. After a quick cool down stretch, I grabbed my yoga mat and rushed off to my Wednesday morning yoga class. Yoga was great this morning and felt very, very good to my sore muscles. I am not very good at focusing my attention during yoga and I do a lot of looking around instead of meditating. While I was looking around class this morning, I noticed three people update their Facebook status via their Iphone...and one of them was the teacher. I was quietly giggling the entire time and thinking about how much the world has changed in the last ten years. Life is funny! Anyway, my workout was wonderful and the definite high point of my day so far.

I am off to get some more stuff done...is it Friday yet!? UGH!

2 comments:

  1. This week is dragging isn't it?! It'll be over before we know it though...I hope ;)

    Just remember that you can always buy Peanut Butter Puffins and recreate that simple life feeling.

    Thanks for the soup recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tsk tsk to the yoga teacher - she should be helping us focus on the present! :) The soup looks great.

    ReplyDelete