November 19, 2009

Hmm...

What should I write about today?

Hmm...

So far, I've got nothing!

I haven't had any exciting eats lately although I did watch some of the National Pie Contest on the Food Network last night. Let me tell you, there are some crazy looking pies out there and some even crazier pie bakers. A couple of the people that they featured on the show looked like they had spent just a tad too much time with pies and away from society. It was good stuff and totally made me crave a piece of cherry pie!

My workout this morning was nothing too exciting. I did a nice easy 8 mile run which was just what my legs needed. I love to run! There is something so wonderful about just pounding out the miles and pushing your body to go just a little bit farther. My legs are feeling great after last weeks marathon. I mean they feel REALLY good! I am planning on doing a couple of longer runs this weekend and I can hardly wait. After my run, I did a pretty beast chest and lat workout. I really don't enjoy doing weights but I am getting closer and closer to 30 and I am terrified that I am going to start losing some muscle mass. I don't want those bat wings that women tend to get as they age so I am trying to be faithful in regard to weights...just being honest. Vanity motivates me! After I finished my weight workout, I did a ton of core work and a teeny little bit of stretching and called it a day. All in all, it was a good recovery workout and I needed every second of it.

Does anyone know anything about Tai Chi? I read an article today that mentioned practicing Tai Chi as a great way to cope with stress but I don't know a whole lot about it. I would love to hear some info from you beautiful bloggers. What is the 411? (Umm...do people still say that?)

On that note...I'm gone!

8 comments:

  1. You can give T'ai Chi a try when we visit and see what you think. I read a study which states it helps with Parkinsonian symtoms and reports of people who claim they are now walking and out a wheel chair due to classes. A good gentle exercise which strengthens and encourages reciprical movement - (old Chinese art).

    PB (Call if you want more info)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read it's good for stress relief. I've never tried it though.

    Glad you're enjoying your runs!

    I just saw your comment on my blog about Kath & Kim. It was based on a British show. The British show was much better than the American version because they can get away with more on tv over there. Rent the dvd's if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! I've never tried Tai Chi but my mom recently took a course on how to start teaching it. She said she loved it - it was calming because you're so focused on the poses and being fluid. She is a physical therapist and will be using it for balance and muscle-tone. Let me know if you try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so vain,J/k I haven't had much tai chi exp. so when you find out please let me know.are you sore from your race? You did great very proud!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree- there is something sooooooo amazing about pounding out a run. Have you ever taken a class called Body Flow? They incorporate some Tai Chi in that and you get a nice blend of yoga, pilates, tai chi,etc. More info:
    http://Lesmills.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My old tennis coach used to take Tai Chi. He really really liked it! He was pretty fit as well. You should give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmm, i don't know anything about tai chi... but if you tri it, you'll have to share :) and i don't think you'll get bat wings, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My co-worker from China told me about how they had to do Tai Chi in gym class when she was in school! Sounds like a great theraputic exercise! :) Let us know what you think if you try it.

    ReplyDelete