November 9, 2009

I've Been Thinking

Hey guys! This is totally not going to be a typical blog post for a few reasons, 1.) I suck at being a food blogger and I didn't take my camera anywhere with me this weekend, 2.) There have been a few life changing and stressful situations going on around me lately that have really made me stop and think about what is important and 3.) I want to write about something besides food today. I hope you guys don't mind if I just let a few of my thoughts spill out on this blog today. There is such a fine line for me between what is appropriate to share on this blog and what I need to keep private for the sake of protecting the people I love. There are quite a few "real life" friends and family who read my blog and I always have them in the back of my mind when I am posting. I would hate to hurt their feelings or create an awkward situation with something that I share with the blog world. I am sure there are many bloggers out there who feel the same way. I have been a very secretive and private person my entire life so when I started blogging, it felt awesome to be able to write about things that I wouldn't necessarily talk about. I started to rely on blogging as an outlet, with no regard for the fact that there are people out there reading these words. In the past couple of weeks, I have really just been beat down by life. A few major situations have completely overwhelmed me and I am just a mess. There have been so many times that I have sat down at my computer and started typing out all of the thoughts racing through my mind in this dark time but then I start to think about the repercussions of actually publishing what I have written and I slowly hit delete and watch my words disappear. You may have noticed (or not) that my blog posts have been a little lackluster and boring lately and that is simply because I am trying to write things that sound upbeat and intresting while not really caring about the subject I am discussing. How can I write about a delicious recipe or a great run when in my heart I am trying to figure out how to pick up the pieces of my life? It is not an easy thing to do. Over the weekend, I had a chance to think about stuff and make some decisions that should help my life get back on track. I am not sure if they are going to work but at least I have some hope now that things will work out eventually. I am not trying to foster sympathy or whine about life, I simply wanted you guys to know that my blog is sucking right now for a reason. I am absolutely positive that I will be back to happy go lucky blogging in the very near future but I am not going to pretend that everything is okay when it just isn't. Thanks guys for hearing me out and for hanging in there while I figure out how to handle the situations that life has thrown my way....I feel better already!

10 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're feeling down and I respect your need for privacy. I hope this post helped you feel a bit better. To be honest, I couldn't tell you were feeling down. You've done a good job at being an upbeat blogger...don't be so hard on yourself. We understand and are here for you.

    Internet hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa: Thanks for the internet hugs! You have such a kind heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad this weekend helped you to do some good thinking and be more positive!! And writing is really helpful for me too. Don't ever feel like you have to be fake on the blog. We all have times like these. I wish you the best and hope things begin looking up for you! One day at a time, right?

    Hope you have a good week Stacy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey lady...I know EXACTLY how you are feeling. This has been the worst year of my life, and sometimes I just want to write it all down, put it all out there and consequences be damned! But I don't because that wouldn't solve anything...and probably hurt some people in the process.
    I think it is great that you sit down and write it all out, even if you Don't hit publish. Sometimes just the act of getting it out and seeing it on paper (or computer screen) can help you sort through how you are feeling and what to do next.
    I hope you find your way and are able to work through the mess we call life sometimes!
    Courtney
    PS..thanks for the comments on my blog..can't believe I ran 6 this weekend! I think that is a PDR for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you're OK. I really enjoy your blog - I don't mean that to sound like I'm pressurising you to write when you don't want to! Just that when you do write, I like reading it! Take care and I hope whatever it is that's bad in your life isn't affecting your training. Hopefully that's still an escape for you and some "me-time"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl! I hope everthing works out for you. I am sad to hear that you have so many things going on right now that are overwhelming you. I agree that we all totally struggle with what to share and not to share on the blog. Glad you let us in a little more :) I'm with Melissa on sending you internet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lets look @ the BIG PICTURE life is here one min.gone the next. its the hard times that define the type of person we are.Stay positive & Know that you are loved.Hang in there sport.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *hugs* i've done the writing and delete before publish, too. writing def helps get things out. sounds like you were able to get some good things out of it though, so i hope you are feeling better soon. and don't feel like you need to put up a good front, here, we all understand! (at least i should hope!)

    ReplyDelete