December 3, 2009

December? Really?

I am having a hard time believing that it is really December 3rd because it is presently a balmy 65 degrees and gorgeous outside. Now, this kind of weather may be normal for those of you who live in Florida or California but it is unheard of in Richmond, Virginia. Now trust me, I am not complaining at all but I have to admit that it was a little bit unusual to be running outside in a tank top and shorts in December.

Mel met me this morning for a great run and we had a blast chatting through the miles. I haven't run with Mel in a couple of weeks and I missed having her as my running buddy. The miles literally flew by and we were back at the gym before I knew it. Mel and I did a nice, easy five miles and I ran another 3.50 miles before she met me at the gym. Once we were finished with our run, we did a really fun core workout and focused on working our obliques. We powered through 15 minutes of intense oblique moves and then finished our workout with ten glorious minutes of stretching. I really enjoyed my workout this morning and my body is feeling strong and ready to start training for a new adventure. I don't have anything on the horizon but I am starting to get antsy and I need a race to focus on. Any suggestions?


Last night H and I had a nice quiet dinner at home and enjoyed some time together. We have both had a couple of really tough weeks and it is nice to just be together and enjoy the simple pleasures in life. One of those simple pleasures for us was an easy but delicious dinner. H and I didn't really have a traditional Thanksgiving this year and no big dinner to speak of but we managed to recreate one of my favorite traditional leftovers by making turkey sandwiches topped with cranberry sauce.


If you peek behind that delicious sandwich, you can see a healthy helping of brussel sprouts which makes every meal just a little bit better. I just love dinners like this because they are simple, filling, require very little clean up and are absolutely delicious! Love it!

I really cannot believe that Christmas is just three short weeks away. I haven't started any sort of Christmas preparations but I am hoping to put up a Christmas tree over the weekend and maybe make some cookies. Tis the season for cookies, right?! I do not even want to think about shopping for presents or the whole wrapping saga...ugh. It makes me tired just thinking about it. How are you guys doing with all of the Christmas prep? Are there any little elves out there who want to help me get ready? It never hurts to ask right?

5 comments:

  1. I'm scrooging my way through the xmas season so far!!! But, we do plan to decorate this weekend which I'm thinking will make me more festive. I thought about not decorating, but my family is coming over for xmas eve and might be disappointed with no xmas cheer!
    Courtney
    Adventures in Tri-ing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sandwich!

    I order all my presents online, I can't deal with Christmas shoppers in the malls. Vultures all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fabulous workout :) I need to find more friends that like to run like I do so I can have a running buddy! Cute pic of you two.

    My house is about half decorated for Christmas and we're going to get our tree this weekend (hooooray!) I'm about 3/4 done with my shopping. I hope to finish this weekend. The closer it gets to Christmas, the more nervous I get about going anywhere near the stores!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. running buddies are the bestest :) i listened to christmas music the entire drive back... but that's about it! that turkey & cranberry sauce sammie is my fav part of the thanksgiving meal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Send that weather over here! I had to turn on the heater today!

    ReplyDelete