December 7, 2009

I Got A Feeling...

Monday is going to be a super fun day! This is the power of positive thinking in action because quite honestly, there is absolutely no reason that today should be a good day. For starters, my precious H is very sick, we have end of the year reviews and big bosses in the office today, I have a to do list that is a mile long and all I really want to do is curl up on the couch and take a long nap. However, in spite of all of this, I am determined to make this day really great.

This morning started off with a bang when H woke me up with all of his coughing and hacking. I felt absolutely horrible for him because he sounded terrible and couldn't breathe properly. Neither one of us was sleeping so, at 3:45, I pulled on a few clothes and ran out to pick up medicine, orange juice and cough drops for H. I am not very good at taking care of people when they are sick but I did the best I could to make H comfortable and then rushed off to the gym. I was a little bit late getting to the gym this morning due to my wifely nursing duties but I still managed to get a decent workout. I did a quick 2 mile warm up run and then spent about 45 minutes working through a strength and core circuit. I did my best to really push myself in the weight room this morning but I have to admit that my body was tired from the weekend and wasn't really feeling a tough workout this morning. After I finished with the weights, I went to a great spin class. My favorite spin teacher was back after taking a few weeks off for surgery and she came back with a bang. We rode really hard and climbed SO many hills. I was exhausted by the time class was over but it was a good, energizing type of exhausted. I feel like I was able to get my Monday started off in a positive way and I feel ready to face the day.

I didn't take any pictures of anything this weekend because...well...I don't really have a reason. I guess I am just a lazy blogger. Honestly, I am really surprised that anyone reads this blog because I am really not that great at blogging. I spent some time on my run yesterday thinking about the effort I put into this blog and I am sort of disappointed in myself. Normally, I am the type of person who really works hard to give 100% effort towards all of my activities but for some reason, I have been completely lackadaisical when it comes to blogging. I am not going to put a lot of pressure on myself to change the blog much between now and the New year because there is just too much stuff going on in my life right now. However, I spent quite a few miles of my run thinking about things I would like to do with this blog in 2010. I am starting to get a feeling that 2010 is going to be a big year for me! I know we haven't even celebrated Christmas yet but I am ready for the New Year. Come on 2010!

4 comments:

  1. I read your blog because I enjoy your personality and you and H's adventures. I'm also in awe of your race accomplishments. Don't feel pressure to change a thing. It's YOUR blog!

    Have a great week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure whether or not my comment posted? But I agreed with Melissa and said I love your personality and honesty and that you're an all start (in case it didn't ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the husband feels better, I had that crud about 2 weeks ago, no fun!

    I feel like things are limbo as well and I too am looking forward to a fresh start in the new year...nothing wrong with looking ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope H feels better soon...sucks to be a sicky!!
    I feel you on 2010..bring it on, because I know it has to be better than 2009!! Can't wait to see what you come up with for the blog!
    Courtney
    Adventures in Tri-ing

    ReplyDelete