December 2, 2009

Making My Way Back

Hey guys! I cannot believe that more than a week has gone by since my last post. I am still trying to sort through a bunch of crap and get my feet back on the ground but if all goes well, then I should be back to regular blogging by tomorrow. I am not able to go into all of the details surrounding my mysterious disappearance from the blog world but I can tell you that Thanksgiving 2009 will be one that I will never forget and also that I am surrounded by the most amazing family and friends. I am ready for life to get back to normal. Hopefully there are still a few people out there who are reading my blog because I fear that I have been forgotten in my absence...I guess I will find out soon enough.

The best part of my Thanksgiving was having the opportunity to run in our local Turkey Trot with my beautiful sisters, my awesome brother and quite a few running friends.


This is the eighth time I have run this race and it is always one of my absolute favorite races. The race is a VERY challenging 10K with tons of hills and a mix of road and trail running. I am not really sure how it happened but I ran a PR for this course and was super happy with my time. YAY! I also had the opportunity to run the last little stretch with my sister, Amy, which was super fun. Running Turkey Trot is definitely the best way to celebrate Thanksgiving in my book and I am already looking forward to next year.

Have a wonderful day guys...I will be back soon! Promise.

10 comments:

  1. Turkey Trot was really fun, but you forgot to mention that you dominated the race this year! Great job on getting a PR at the toughest Turkey Trot course out there :) You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on you PR!! I hope all is well and it was good to see you on Thanksgiving morning.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've missed you! Glad the turkey trot went well. You and your sisters are adorable. Hope everything is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mel: You are too kind to me...for real! I seem to remember you doing pretty great at Turkey Trot this year as well and that is after running the Philly Marathon just a few days prior. You are the awesome one!

    Anonymous: Thanks. Did I really see you on Thanksgiving morning? You have my curiosity peaked!

    Erica: You are too sweet! I think you and my sister Amy would get along really well. She is a Body Combat instructor and does all sorts of other Les Mills stuff. I think you are both amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO GLAD you are back!! I have missed your race updates...I'm already going through withdrawal from having anything to train for so I went to the gym and ran 5 miles today. I don't even recognize myself!!! LOL
    Can't wait for your regular blogging schedule to resume!!!
    Courtney
    Adventures in Tri-ing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking about you this morning stacy!! Glad to know things are ok, and you kicked butt on your trot :) it's days like thanksgiving and xmas when i wish i lived somewhere warmer and wasn't involved in all the cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! You've been missed!
    Congrats on an awesome race and I hope things are beginning to look up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't worry! We didn't forget about you! I'm glad you're back and that you had such a great race! Thank goodness for the support of family and friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hang in there! :) Congrats on your great race! Look forward to more race updates!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you are back, I was worried about you! But hope all is well and congrats on your great race! I ran my first Turkey Trot this year and had a great time!

    ReplyDelete