December 9, 2009

Thanksgiving Remix

So, I am sure I have mentioned it before but H and I didn't really have a chance to celebrate Thanksgiving this year, which is just not cool at all. We decided to remedy the situation last night by making a few of our favorite Thanksgiving dishes and this meal was to die for!

We made cranberry apple sauce, steamed green beans, Field Roast, vegan gravy and the best part of all STUFFING! Mmm! Stuffing is my absolute favorite part of Thanksgiving! I have leftovers packed in my lunch for today and I can hardly wait to dig in. Is 10:30 too early to eat lunch? Anyway, dinner was absolutely delicious and filling. It was definitely a big job to come home and make Thanksgiving dinner after work. We didn't eat until 8:30 but it was definitely worth the wait. Also, this was our first time trying the Field Roast and it was okay. I am not a huge fan of fake meat products because they always seem really salty and processed but I have been curious to try the Field Roast for awhile now. I guess I can mark that culinary experience off of my list! Oh, Thanksgiving...you are such a great holiday!

This morning I had such a hard time getting out of bed. I have been sort of stressed out lately and it is making it difficult to sleep at night. When my alarm went off, I peeked out of my window and it was pouring rain. I mean, bone soaking, freezing cold rain! Ugh! I knew that I needed to get in a good workout because today is packed full of stressful stuff and I needed to blow off some steam. Sooooooo, I dragged my lazy butt out of bed and hit up the treadmill for a quick 10K. After my run, I went to an excellent yoga class and stretched my muscles out. Yoga felt amazing today! I loved every single second of it and I may do some more tonight if I get a chance.

I have a busy day filled with meetings and errands and other crap but I think it is going to be a good one....my fingers are crossed anyway! I am crossing my fingers for all of you guys too. Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

  1. YOU have a wonderful day Stace!

    Thanksgiving remix looks delish. I'm glad you guys finally got a chance to relax and celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why wait for lunch..have stuffing for breakfast!!! LOL!

    Courtney
    adventures in tri-ing

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, i am not a fan of stuffing! everyone tells me i'm crazy ;) love the 3 legged race you had yesterday, and yes, i would love it if my bills paid themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMM I miss Thanksgiving! And your meal looks delish :)

    ReplyDelete