March 23, 2010

30 At 30


Hey guys...so I am still working on my novel. Actually to be quite honest, I haven't really been writing much over the past week because life has just been super busy. However, I am not a liar and there is a crazy, long story headed your way.


I did want to let you guys know a little something that I have been up to though. I turned the big 30 on Saturday! Yay! I am so excited to be 30! I have always imagined that 30 was going to be the decade when I become the woman I really want to be. Plus, women reach their athletic peak between 30 and 35. I am looking forward to racing my heart out over the next few years! To celebrate my birthday, I decided to do nice solid 30 mile run. I had such a blast running and thinking about all of the years that have led to this birthday. H ran a little more than half of the miles with me which was awesome. He definitely kept me entertained with stories and songs and jokes. He is a super fun running buddy. The miles that I ran on my own were awesome as well because I really took advantage of the time to think about life and what I want out of it. There was a lot of remembering and quite a bit of planning. This was my longest run to date and I have to admit that although there were parts that were difficult, I was sort of surprised that it wasn't harder than it turned out to be. Besides a little bit of dehydration and me being silly and forgetting to take in calories, I finished pretty strong and only felt a tiny bit tired during the rest of my birthday celebrations. I don't think this will become a birthday tradition or anything but then again...you just never know.


Be back soon...I promise!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Welcome to the fabulous 30 club!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome way to celebrate!! i really need a long run to do some evaluation... anywho, HAPPY BDAY!!! Here's to another year of fantastic racing :) (or 5, i don't want to limit you ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! What better way to reflect on life then with a nice, long run! Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Stacy and congrats on the run! That's a great way to ring in your 30's which I can promise are way better than the 20's - you're wiser, smarter, wealthier and generaly just as fabulous as you are in your 20's! You imspired me to start my own blog - come on over and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy happy happy birthday! The 30s are a pretty cool decade I think!
    Courtney
    adventures in tri-ing

    ReplyDelete