September 7, 2010

Holidays Sort of Suck

There is no way to even sugar coat this...I had a really tough weekend. Holiday weekends are VERY hard for me to deal with because I am trying to figure out how to create a new life for myself and yet all I can think about is what I was doing the previous year and how much my life has changed. I don't even feel like the same person that I used to be and I suppose that the reality of the situation is that I am not the same at all. Life and its struggles and challenges have a way of changing us. This year has transformed the way I handle life and especially the way I view relationships and people in general. Anyway, I don't want to go on and on about my sad life I just wanted to put it out there that I had a tough weekend and so I dealt with it the only way I knew how...it involved three things...

*I ran a lot and for no reason other than to run. I covered almost 50 miles in less than three days and probably would have run more if I didn't have other things that needed to get done.

*I slept a lot...too much actually. I am really not so good at sleeping.

*I ate way too many Greens Plus Protein Bars and drank copious amounts of coffee. Although I love both of these things, I probably shouldn't have loved them quite as much as I did this weekend.

So there you have it. My holiday weekend was filled with tears, sleep, protein bars, coffee and running. I am sort of glad to be back at work and I wish I had someone to hug...just keeping it real!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are posting again! Exercise is always good to relieve stress! You are so inspiring and strong! You're a beautiful, resilient lady; don't ever forget it!
    Can't wait to read more!
    XOXO
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy, you have always been like a sister to me and i look up yo you. Any time you need a GREAT BIG HUG, iam here for you anytime!! JON

    ReplyDelete