September 2, 2010

I Feel The Need For Speed

Mel and I met at the track this morning for a speed work session that was super tough but tons of fun. We made our way to the track at 5:30 and after a quick warm up jog, we took off running. (My workout this morning was 4 x 1000 meters, 4 x 800 meters and 4 x 400 meters with a 400 meter recovery jog after each set and an additional 2 mile warm up and cool down.) It was an absolutely beautiful morning! The sky was dark and filled with stars as we started our intervals and as we quickly knocked each set out, the sun began to rise, the birds were chirping, the air was filled with promise and huge smiles threatened to take over our sweaty faces. Mornings like this remind me why I am a runner and also make me ever so thankful that I have the best training partner ever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment