September 3, 2010

True Story #2

A couple of weeks ago, I found myself with an hour of free time on a sunny, warm day and decided to hit up the pool. I was SO excited because as anyone who knows me can tell you, I am obsessed with hanging out at the pool and relaxing in the sun. I love to feel the warmth of the sun on my skin. It literally rejuvenates my soul and makes me feel alive. Mel always teases me that I am solar powered because while most people become lethargic and lazy in the sun, I totally thrive in the heat. Case in point: My absolute favorite weather for running is in 90 degree temperatures with 100% humidity...yes, I know that is weird but it is totally true! Anyway, back to my story...I quickly threw on my cute little white bikini (in the picture above), grabbed my towel and a book and set out for the pool. Now, typically I am sort of a modest type of girl and I wear shorts and t-shirt over my bathing suit for the walk to and from the pool. However, on this perfectly warm summer day, I decided to just walk to the pool in my bikini in order to save time. I didn't feel like missing out on one single second of pool time and finding a pair of shorts and a t-shirt was definitely not a priority. The walk to the pool was uneventful and I quickly found a spot directly under the sun to relax.  As I happily began to lay out my towel, I felt something snap and before I even realized what was happening, my bikini top went flying off of me. Somehow the plastic snap came loose, (probably from all of the times I lazily threw it into the dryer instead of hanging it to dry like it clearly instructed me to do on the label...oops!) snapped into three pieces and left me standing poolside with no top on! For a split second I just stood there with a look of shock on my face. Normally I would throw on my cover up t-shirt but of course this was the one day I decide to forgo the t-shirt. I panicked for a second because I had no idea how I was going to walk back home with no top. Fortunately I realized that I had a huge towel in front of me, so I quickly wrapped the towel around me, hung my head in shame and walked home very quickly. I have convinced myself that no one saw what happened...stupid white bikini, I never liked you anyway!

4 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! At least you had the towel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops! sounds like it's time for a new suit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow girl, you are too funny!!! Hope all is going well for you-believe me you deserve it(i know all too well).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep your head up through the drama and craziness. By the look of your pic, i hope your demon is not rearing its ugly head?????

    ReplyDelete