April 30, 2011

April Recipe Challenge - Eggs (Amy)

So, for my Recipe Challenge entry I decided to go with something not too original but way delicious! A Veggie Frittata. It was simple to make and I wish I had more to eat!

Amy's Veggie Fritatta
6 Eggs
Bell Peppers (I used green, red, and yellow)
Onion
Spinach
Mushrooms
Cheese
Salt and Pepper
Splash of Milk

As usual I need to find ways to make food quickly and so this is how I managed this incredible meal!
First, I took a bag of frozen peppers and onions and placed them in the microwave for 2 minutes.
While they were cooking, I washed and cut some spinach and mushrooms and placed them in a round cake pan. By this point, the peppers and onions were done, so I placed them in the pan with the other vegetables.
Next, I whisked 6 eggs and a splash of milk together in a cup and then poured the egg mixture over the vegetables. Finally, I sprinkled a bit of fresh pepper and sea salt on top along with some pepper jack cheese  to give it a little kick. I put the pan in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30-40 mins or until firm in the middle.

The prep time for my frittata literally took about 5-10 minutes tops and that is with 2 kids running around and chasing the cat through the kitchen! Make this...you will not regret it and you can thank me while you enjoy your frittatas! By the way, I am always looking for new veggie combinations for my frittatas so if you make this recipe, drop me a comment and let me know what you put in yours! Later!

1 comment:

  1. I was trying to get Amy to cook this again on vacation because it was so good! But we were too busy laying on the beach :)

    ReplyDelete