April 20, 2011

The Diary of a Divorce (Stacy)

This week I recieved the final decree from the judge granting my divorce. After more than a year of struggling to get this taken care of and dealing with all of the emotions that seem to go hand in hand with a divorce, I am allowing myself to exhale! I can finally let this weight drop off of my shoulders. I can stop holding my breath while I wait for the next hammer to hit. I can move on and pursue things that make me happy without the fear of retribution. I am still trying to process everything and my emotions are a little bit crazy but at this moment it doesn't feel very hard to smile at all. In fact, I am having a hard time making the smiles stop and it feels really good.

7 comments:

  1. What a year! I am so happy for you Stacy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you can look forward!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you girl! Keep on smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacy, iam so glad that you can finally release and start a new chapter in yur life....you deserve to be happy. Jon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jon - that means a lot to me when it comes from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for you! You deserve freedom, a fresh start, a clean slate and time to focus on you- who you are as a person, separate from your former life and married self. You have gone through so much. It must feel fantastic to let go and breathe!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy for you and just keep smiling becuase you and your smile are beautiful. Love you, dad.

    ReplyDelete