April 25, 2011

Easter 2011 (Stacy)

I suppose my Easter recap is better late than never right!? I had such a wonderful Easter with my family. My only wish is that the day could have lasted much, much longer.

I started the day off by heading out to Brown's Island and Belle Isle for a trail run. I met up with Mel, Billy (her husband) and our friend James for a beautiful, challenging and fun filled run on the North Bank Trail. It was great to be out on the trails again. All of us will be running in the XDuro 21K race in June and so this run was our attempt to get familiar with the course before the race. Trail running is the perfect way to start the day! SO much fun!

After the run, I rushed home to shower and get ready for our family Easter dinner. I was signed up to bring a salad and a dessert to dinner. Originally I was planning on making my food on Saturday but that just didn't happen. Somehow Saturday got away from me and so I was rushing to get everything together. I managed to throw together a great salad made with spinach, beets, grape tomatoes, red onion, feta, pecans, radishes and sweet basil vinaigrette. It was delicious! I also made Samoa Pie which turned out better than I expected. (Samoa Pie is my recipe for the April Egg Challenge and I will be sharing the recipe along with pictures later this week.) As soon as I had all of the food ready and packed up, I threw on a sundress, grabbed my sunglasses and made my way to my parent's house.


My family had such a wonderful time celebrating Easter together. We had an Easter Egg hunt for my nieces and also ate a wonderful dinner together. It was so nice to have time to sit and chat with everyone. Life has been busy for all of us lately and we seem to be pulled in a million different directions. I loved being able to catch up with everyone and share some laughter, love and time. My family is just amazing!


The rest of my Easter was spent trying to catch up on laundry, cleaning, errands and chores. It was no fun at all but definitely necessary. Sometimes being a grown up just isn't very cool! By the end of the day, I literally fell into bed absolutely exhausted. How can it already be Monday!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment