April 29, 2011

Sneak Peak (Mel)

As I have mentioned in previous posts, I will soon be living in Charleston SC and my husband is already living there. In order to see him occasionally, I have been driving back and forth on weekends. On a recent weekend trip, we spent a day at Folly Beach which is about 15 minutes outside of Charleston. Not a bad setup huh?

Well the Triple Threat Ladies have a much deserved beach trip coming up this weekend to Folly Beach. We will be accompanied by a fun group of family including my husband (Billy), Amy’s husband and daughters, and our Mom and Step dad. I am sure that we will have lots to share about our beach adventures in the next week or so but I wanted to give you a sneak peak from my recent day at Folly Beach …

We began our day with a run on the beach starting at the Folly Beach Pier.


The sand near the shoreline is stiff, making running on the beach ideal. It has just enough give to make a comfortable running surface without having to dig your way through the sand. In fact the sand is stiff enough that you see people riding their bikes along the shoreline!


On our run we saw kids playing in the rocks that line the beach.


We looked down in the crevices and noticed there were star fish sitting in the cracks. We picked one up and let a little girl who was nearby carry it to the ocean.
After our run we decided to stroll down Main Street.


We did a little bit of shopping.


By this point, we were famished! We decided to try a colorful looking restaurant called Taco Boy.


Just as the name implies, they serve tacos of all kinds. My husband tried a tempura shrimp taco while I went with a vegetarian portabella mushroom. We both thoroughly enjoyed our tacos and the decor!  There was a brightly painted wall filled with various masks right next to where we were sitting.


In front of us there was a beautiful array of lanterns.


After lunch, we went back out to the beach and soaked up some sun before heading home. It was a beautiful day filled with the promise of summer.


I hope you enjoyed the sneak peak to Folly Beach. More to come...

1 comment:

  1. Great Sneak Peak and can't wait to see it for my self.
    jsv - pb

    ReplyDelete