April 22, 2011

Track Work (Stacy)

(FYI - This post was supposed to go up on Thursday but oh well, better late than never!)
This morning, Mel and I met up at the local track for some speed intervals. I absolutely love to do speed work out on the track! I haven't been doing track work lately because of all my knee issues but today seemed like a great day to give it a try again. It was an absolutely beautiful spring morning. The birds were singing, the air was filled with the fragrance of honeysuckle, a slight breeze was blowing and the sunrise was freakin amazing! (The sunrise was honestly so beautiful that at one point, I was so busy staring at the sky that I ran right off the track! True story!)

I made it out to the track super early and did 4 x 800 meters with 400 meter recovery jogs, plus some additional warm up laps and an extra little 400 for fun. When Mel arrived at 6:00 am, we got to work! We did 4 x 400 meters and 4 x 200 meters with a  400 meter recovery lap after each interval. We finished our workout with a couple of extra cool down laps and enjoyed some awesome girl talk time.
(Seriously, I have to say that Mel is amazing! Who else would run around in circles with me at 6:00 am after only 3 hours of sleep?!? That girl is a rock star! I want to be just like her when I grow up!)

My legs held up pretty well during the speed work and I managed to survive all 10.50 miles of fun. I am still feeling a bit of pain but things are getting better. I can't wait to be back to pain free running. Until then, I am going to embrace beautiful mornings like this one and keep on running.

1 comment:

  1. It was a beautiful morning! And I got such a kick out of you running off the track! LOL Great way to start a Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete