May 26, 2011

Big Changes - (Stacy)

It seems like every few months, for the past couple of years, there have been HUGE monumental changes in my life. I have been thrown a few curve balls, experienced some amazing highs and been sucker punched by life a few too many times to count. I feel as if I have been trying as hard as I possibly can to keep up with everything life has thrown my way and have worked hard to adapt to all of the changes. I have been in survival mode for almost two years now...or maybe even longer...just trying to keep up. Recently, while on a long run, I was contemplating the direction that my life is going and I decided that it was time to take control of the direction. I don't want to be pushed around by life anymore. I don't want to waste years of my life just trying to survive. I want to learn what it means to embrace life and to thrive. I want to be healthy again and to feel pride when I think about my accomplishments. I want to be proud of who I am as a woman and I want to be strong enough to be the sister, friend, daughter, aunt, training partner and lover(?) that those around me deserve.

With all of that being said, I have decided to make a huge change and move to Florida for awhile. I am going to be temporarily living and working in Florida while I comtemplate my next step. I have made a list of goals that I would like to see accomplished over the next six months and I will be blogging about all of them as they happen. I am excited to have a fresh start and to work on carving out some space for myself to heal and breathe for a bit. Last week, I gave notice at work and over the next two weeks, I will be packing up my apartment, taking care of last minute business in Richmond and saying goodbye to all of the people I love in Virginia. I am going to miss Richmond so much but I know that I will be back again one day. I am really not sure where life is going to take me from here but it feels really good to be making some decisions for myself and moving forward...even if I am not 100% sure of the direction. Life is an adventure and I am ready to embrace it!

3 comments:

  1. Life is the greatest adventure and we regret more if we sit around and wish we would of experienced it than if we tried and failed. i can relate to this saying (author is unknown to me at this time)."There is no such thing as failure, only feedback. Every response is useful, you may hate the response but the knowledge that you gain from it is valuable."
    JSV PB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!! I've been realizing more and more i need to be active about changing my job situation instead of just being miserable. re-working my resume is on tap this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon - Life is way too short to be miserable. You are so amazingly talented! Good luck with the resume.

    ReplyDelete