May 19, 2011

I Have No Shame (Stacy)

I am a person who is driven to push myself. I am always trying to do more, be more and accomplish more. Failure is a bad word in my book. Although this can be a very positive thing, it has a negative side as well. Because I am never satisfied with the status quo, I tend to push myself to unhealthy limits. This is especially true in the areas of exercise, sleep and eating. The fact that I recognize this about myself and yet continue to push myself to unhealthy levels is not something I am proud of. Just keeping it real!

So why am I telling you all of this? Well, this morning as I was pulling my tired, scrawny butt out of bed, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and couldn't help but laugh out loud. Here it was, 3:30 in the morning, my head was in a fog from a rough night of tossing and turning. My eyes were crusty, sleepy and carrying more baggage than the entire Coach spring line. My hair was simply a mess. My mind was not awake enough to realize that I had a killer hill workout and a ton of pull ups waiting to be accomplished...ignorance is bliss...and all I could think about was crawling back into bed, sleeping for 12 hours and waking up to David Beckham serving me breakfast in bed with copious amounts of Starbucks coffee and warm, freshly baked doughnuts. (Hey, you have your fantasies and I have mine!)

So, the question is, did I crawl back into bed? No way. I am way too type A for that to happen. Instead, I whipped out my camera and took some pictures of what I look like at 3:30 in the morning, with no makeup, very little sleep and messy hair. Why? Well, who knows really? However, because I have no shame you are now going to get a glimpse of just how lovely these early mornings are...

Is it any wonder that I am single? Sigh. I have issues!

No comments:

Post a Comment