May 13, 2011

Kicking Horse Coffee - Take #1 (Stacy)

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I absolutely LOVE coffee. I look forward to sipping on my morning cup of coffee from the moment I wake up! I also spend my afternoon counting down the hours to my afternoon coffee break. I love the taste, the aroma, the pick me up and everything else about coffee. I have heard all about the positive attributes of coffee and the negative side effects of consuming too much but honestly, I just love it too much to really care. Oh coffee...it truly is the sweet, sweet nectar of the gods!

I recently heard about a company called Kicking Horse Coffee and I was instantly intrigued by their products. They are the only certified  shade grown organic and certified fair trade coffee roaster in all of Canada. On top of that, they have adorable names for their various roasts and a promise of strong, dark, rich coffee. Umm...hello, where can I get some of that!?!


I sent out a request to sample a few of their products and they very kindly sent me three different blends to sample. I received the Kick Ass blend, the 454 Horsepower blend and the Three Sisters blend. When I opened the package, I was greeted with the most wonderful coffee aroma and I knew that I was in for a great cup of coffee.

I decided that this coffee was too enticing to keep all to myself, so I invited Mel over to help me sample it. We decided to try the 454 Horsepower and so I pulled out my coffee grinder...


gave the beans a good grinding...


brewed us up a couple of good strong cups of coffee...


and then, for a split second, I forgot all about my intense love for Starbucks! Seriously, this coffee was so rich and intense but it had no bitter aftertaste and no hint of a burnt flavor. Mel and I drained the entire pot, although I am pretty sure it was mostly my doing...and it was delicious to the last drop. I am really looking forward to sampling the other blends. Mmmmm...coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment