May 17, 2011

A Monday In The Life Of Me! (Amy)

Every Sunday evening as the day is coming to an end and I am thinking about the start of the week, this is the day I am looking ahead to....

* Wake up 5am, head to the gym to get my miles in before I have time to talk myself out of it! I'm proud of myself for getting 9 miles in yesterday! Wooohooo!

* Get home to wake my girls up and get them ready for the day. I never thought waking up a 4 and 6 year old could be such a challenge and it's not every morning, but every once in a while I get a flash forward of what I am in for come the teen years. (Anyone know any good all girl boarding schools?!?!)

* Once everyone is dressed, breakfast is eaten and lunches are packed, we head to the bus stop where my girls run and play around in the grass. The other mothers yell at their kids to stand still in line while we wait for the bus but I refuse to make my kids just stand in a line! It seems ridiculous to me! So instead, I smile at all the dirty looks the other mothers give me and sip my coffee.

* As soon as Malia is on the bus, Ava and I head to the gym. My children refer to this gym as "The Bug Gym" which is in no way a reflection of the cleanliness of the gym but rather some of the decor in the children's play area. From 9:45 till 10:45 I teach a cycle class and re-wake my legs up.

* As soon as we are done at the gym, I grab Ava and we run errands. Yesterday we went to Target to pick up a couple of things and then ran to the post office to mail some letters. Then, we rush over to another gym.  My children refer to this as "Gym number 1".  Not necessarily because it is their favorite but simply because it is the first gym we went to when we moved back to Virginia. At 12:00 I teach a 45 min cycle class which is perhaps one of my favorite classes all week! The people in that class kick my butt!

* When we are done there I take my soaked and exhausted self and Ava home for a much needed shower (me), lunch (both) and some down time (Ava....don't I wish me too?!) I spend the afternoons doing all the mom/maid/cook/organizer/do absolutely everything that has to get done stuff.

* Around 4pm, I pick Malia up at the bus stop and we go home for afternoon snacks and homework. Typically by the time all this is wrapped up, it is time to get ready to head to the gym known as "The Socks Gym". From 6:30 till 8:30, I teach 2 classes (BodyPump and BodyJam). Last night I had awesome classes! The members totally impressed me and I am SO looking forward to next Monday.

* By the time I grab my girls from childcare, we are all exhausted. It just so happens that on this Monday, while grabbing a towel, I turned the wrong way and pulled something in my back. So, at 8:30 at night I was not about to go home and cook. My children were pleased to hear that Chik-Fil-A was on the menu for dinner and tried to convince me to let them eat ice cream for dinner!

* After dinner, I got my girls in bed, took a shower and finally sat on the couch with a baked potato and some ice on my back. I am pretty sure I crawled into bed around 10:30 and the next thing I knew, it was 5am and time to get up and start my Tuesday!

That was my Monday....how was yours?

1 comment:

  1. Hope your back is better; you have to admit though that you have a very busy work schedule and yet also have a great way to work and stay strong and fit for yourself and your family. It's impressive to see what you have worked so hard to do and yet also know that you have the opportunity to invest in your life and the lives of others.
    JSV in PB

    ReplyDelete