May 11, 2011

Most Delicious Meal With A Twist! (Amy)

Last night my children requested pasta for dinner, so today I took some ground turkey,

1 large can of tomato sauce,

1 can of diced tomatoes,

1/2 onion (diced)


and a bunch of spices. (I used garlic, basil, thyme, and oregano.) I put all of the above ingredients into the crock pot and set it on low for the day.

When I made it home from teaching, I put some water on to boil so that I could make some pasta and jumped in the shower. HOWEVER, I decided that pasta just didn't sound good to me and all I really wanted was vegetables.

So ...I took a bag of broccoli and a bag of whole okra and spread them out on a large baking sheet. I sprayed them with some  olive oil and sprinkled sea salt on top and then placed them in the oven at 450 degrees. Once they were cooked, I put the vegetables in a bowl and poured pasta sauce all over my vegetables. It was absolutely delicious! In fact, my husband ate the same thing and he said that he loved the change to our dinner. SUCCESS!!! (Is it bad that I get more excited about my husband eating vegetables than my girls?!?! It is truly more of an accomplishment to get him to eat vegetables! My girls will  actually ask for them!)

Give this simple, healthy dinner a try...I bet you will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment