May 9, 2011

On Being A Mom (Amy)


So this may be late, But Happy Mother's Day to all the Mommies out there! If you are a mom, then you don't need to be reminded of what an incredible privilege it is to be a mom!

I remember the most amazing thing to me was really learning what love was after having my daughters! After looking into those precious little eyes, the wrinkled skin, the misshaped head from having just been through a rather traumatic experience known as birth and the little pissed off cry that sounded like the smallest little noise I had ever heard. Having just gone through the ordeal of giving birth and not to forget all the fun I had the previous months while pregnant...I was so completely head over heels in love none of it mattered.

Even to this day, when my girls seem to have done everything that they are not supposed to and I am at my wits end, I look at them and melt. They still get in trouble but all my frustration seems to melt away!

My oldest daughter made me the sweetest little card that I can't stop reading. I don't know that I will ever grow tired of seeing "I love you mom" in her precious little hand writing.

While Mother's Day may not ever turn out like I would love to imagine it would, or being a mother for that sake, I will forever appreciate the moments I am reminded of the incredible and precious little girls I get to be Mom to!

2 comments: