May 13, 2011

Pineapple Portabella Pasta (Mel)

When I am going out of town for the weekend, I like to empty my fridge of any fresh produce. In preparation for a weekend in Charleston, I decided to raid my fridge and pantry today. I wanted to scrape something together to take to work for dinner, and also clean out any perishables. A look in the fridge produced two portabella caps, some leftover pineapple, a lemon, and Annie’s Gingerly Salad Dressing. I peeked into the pantry and found a package of spaghetti. From there I began to formulate a plan to make:

Pineapple Portabella Pasta

I began by cooking some spaghetti noodles and once the pasta was cooked, I seasoned it with some pepper, olive oil and fresh lemon juice.

Next, I cut the portabella mushrooms into strips and marinated them with the Annie’s Gingerly salad dressing and fresh lemon juice. While they were marinating, I began to sauté the pineapple:

I placed the portabellas on top of the pineapple and let them cook for about 10 minutes.


Once the pineapple and portabellas began to brown (just a bit), while remaining crisp, I removed them from the heat, and served over the pasta.

It does not have a very good visual appeal, but trust me it is delicious!!! Another successful pantry raid!

1 comment: