June 4, 2011

My Long Lost Friend....SLEEP! (Amy)

This week, sleep and I have definitely been on different pages.

Sunday night was my best night of sleep. The Triple Threat ladies had an awesome slumber party and after some Delicious Skinny Girl Margarita's and lots of girl talk, we all hit the bed by 11:30 and were able to sleep in until 7:30! AHHHHH bliss!

Monday, busy day and a late night! My head hit the pillow about 12:30 and was up at 4am for a personal training client at 5am and a TRX class at 6am.

Tuesday night, I crawled into bed at midnight  only to be woken up at 1 and  then again around 3 first by my youngest  and then by my oldest. I finally gave up on sleep around 5.

Wednesday, I was a walking zombie and was so excited to get into bed by 11. However, it wasn't to be. I was woken up by my youngest at 1 and spent the rest of the night sitting up so she could sleep on my chest while I gave her breathing treatments. (Seasonal allergies and possible asthma hits her REALLY hard.) I think I did manage to fall asleep between 4:30 and 7 but I was sitting up with a 4 year old in my lap and it wasn't exactly quality sleep.

By the time Thursday came around,  exhausted does not even begin to explain it. I fell into bed at 11:45 and forced myself to lay there.  I was exhausted yet had consumed so much caffeine throughout the day in order to have the energy to enjoy my daughters birthday that sleep avoided me.  I FINALLY dozed off around 3 and woke up at 5:50 (50 min after my alarm was to go off...FML) so I could teach cycle.

I know that tonight will not be an early night but I am aiming to be in bed by 11pm. I have a BUSY day tomorrow followed by my daughters birthday party on Sunday. I need a week to recover and just catch up on sleep! If only I could sleep like this......
Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment